How to Get to Tibet visa from Kathmandu, Nepal
Step one: Let us know your itinerary for Tibet or we can send you itinerary, we will send it to your contact in Lhasa and they will We will apply the Tibet visa on your behalf. You are required to mail the scanned copy of your passport to us minimus 20 days earlier to your travel date, we will get the Tibet Travel Permit and visa invitation letter issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau in Lhasa for you.
Step two: Arrive in Kathmandu at least 4 days in advance and submit your passport to us with filled application form and visa service charges. It will take 3 full working days for the visa procession in Kathmandu.
Step three: We will deliver the visa to your hotel in Kathmandu as soon as it is issued. When you leave for Tibet, remember to bring the three documents: Chinese Visa, photocopies of Tibet Travel Permit, and the application form.
1. Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu only works on every Monday to Friday.
2. The visa application must be submitted before 11am at the Embassy, so that visa will be issued in the afternoon of the third day.
3. If you do not have a fixed plan in China, you should work with the agency to apply for the longest period of time, up to 30 days.
4. For both Permit and Visa from Nepal, you should be in Kathmandu at least four days before your tour into Tibet to process the application.
5. Please be aware that the Group Visa is a special type of visa to Tibet. Tourists with a normal Chinese visa need to reapply the group visa when they enter Tibet from Nepal. Normal Chinese visa obtained before will automatically expire when the new one is given on two sheet of paper in A4 size.
find your trip
- Trekking in Nepal
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India