On this trek you visit base camp of Mt. Chomolari (7316m) and a remote fort of Langshi Dzong. There are great view of himalaya and the surrounding mountain. From Paro walk through narrow agricultural valley and continue through a river valley that winds up and down the drainage. The trail gradually climb up. At high mountain pasture you meet yak herders. They live in tents made from yaks hide and stone houses. The view of the Himalaya is rewarding. Visit base camp of Chomolari (4150m), fort at Lingshi Dzong (4150m) and make a day excursion to the base of Jichu Drake peak (6974m). It is possible to see musk deer and blue sheep. Trail condition and weather will determine route of your return journey. It can be either same route or via Yali la , a pass of 4820 meter, to Shodu (3963m) and Barshong (3785m) that descend to meet the main trail to Thimpu chu (river). This trail is bit tedious though it terminates at Thimpu.
This is probably the best trek in Bhutan.Best time to visit : April to October. Late Autumn and winter are not good due to heavy snow condition.
HIGHLIGHTS : Diverse flora and fauna and great view of the Bhutanese Himalayas.
COST - Private Trip
1 person US$ 4365
2 person US$ 3825 per person
3+ person US$ 3285 per person
SGL supplement: US$ 560
Departures: As per your choice dates.
01 All meals, hotel accommodation, camping gears, tents and food supply
02. Cooking and eating utensils, service of guide, cook, Kitchen and assistants,
03. Yak or Mule to carry personal baggage (each 15 kgs), food and camping equipments,
04. accident insurance for staffs and porters
05. Airport transfers in Bhutan
06. All transfers and guided sightseeing tour with English speaking tour guide
07. Royalty and taxes to government
08. Fees to temples & monuments
09. Bhutan Visa and entrance fees
Cost does not include:
01. Airport departure tax if applicable
02. Expenses of personal nature, laundry, bar bills
03. Airfare: Kathmanu to Paro US$ 250 one way(round trip US$ 450 per person) - airfare are subject to change without prior notices
find your trip
- Price : USD 3285
- Destinations : Bhutan
- Max Elevation : 4820 m.
- Weather : Spring (April to May) is best time to visit
- Trip Duration : 15 days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India