We fly to Nepaljung and stay overnight at Nepaljung. Next day early in the morning we take helicopter flight to Hilsa. This is a remote village on Nepal side of the border. We cross the border and travel to Khojarnath and Sera. Dive to Taklakot (Purang for Nepalese). It is the main trading center of this region. As we leave the mountain terrain of Nepal the green and wet monsoon weather changes to dry, cold and sunshine at the plateau. The sky is deep blue with scattered cloud. From Taklakot we drive to Mansarover Lake and to Darchen. Walk around Mt. Kailash and return back to Darchen. Drive back to Taklakot and Sera. Walk to Hilsa. Take helicopter flight to Simikot. Overnight in Simikot. Fly to Nepaljung and take connecting flight to Kathmandu.
Best time: Best time to travel is in summer and autumn - from May to October. Overland journey is best from early May to middle of October because of the snow condition in high Himalayan pass.
01: Arrive Kathmandu - Hotel
02: In Kathmandu. Full day sightseeing - Hotel
03: Fly to Nepaljung. In Nepaljung - Hotel
04: Fly to Simikot -Overnight Simikot - Guest House
05: Fly to Hilsa - Drive to Taklakot - Guest House
06: Drive to Mansarovar Lake/ Darchen - Guest House
07: Kora- DiraPhuk Gompa - Guest House
08: Cross Dormala-Zuthul Phuk Gompa - Guest House
09: Kora-Darchen. Drive to Taklakot - Guest House
10: Drive to Ser. Walk to Hilsa. Fly to Simikot. In Simikot - Guest House
11: Fly to Kathmandu - Hotel
12: Depart Kathmandu
Full descriptive itinerary will be forwarded to signed up clients.
Fixed departure tour cost:
Land Cost: US$4130 per person / Indian National US$3925 (INRs 204,000) per person
Single Supplement Net US$275 / Indian National Net US$260 (INRs 17,000) per person
Private departure tour cost
Net Cost per person in US dollar for Non Indian national / Indian Rupees for Indian national
6 to 9 persons in a group US$4160 Indian National US$3955 (INRs 257,000)
10 to15 persons in a group US$3300 Indian National US$3140 (INRs 204,000)
16+ persons in a group US$3040 Indian National US$2875 (INRs 187,000)
Single Supplement Net US$275 / For Indian Net US$260 (INRs 17,000)
Included in the cost
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast in Kathmandu using 3 to 4 star hotels and best possible accommodation in Nepaljung.
- Sightseeing tour and activities according to the programme with private car/ coach
- All Airport transfers and ground transportation in Tibet and Nepal.
- All meals and simple guest house accommodation during travel from Simikot to Mt. Kailash in Tibet.
- Camp staffs, and yak or porter to carry 10 kg personal baggage.
- Camping equipment – Kitchen equipments and eating utensils, mattress, and dining tent.
- Cost of helicopter between Simikot and Hilsa and scheduled flight between Nepaljung and Simikot.
- Services of Tibet guide as per regulation.
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters.
- Tibet Travel Permit and Entrance fee.
Cost does not include:
- Group visa fee for single entry in China / Tibet: Normal visa fees - US$89; US Citizen US$177, Canadian US$121, Romanian US$122 and US$198 respectively. Effective from Jun 2017 there is no provision for urgent visa. Visa fees are subject to change without prior notice. Minimum 3 days is required by Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu to process Tibet Permit and visa.
- Return airfare Kathmandu to Nepaljung US$385. Indian National US$345 per person
- Personal clothing, down jacket and sleeping bag (US$25 / IC Rs. 600)
- Airfare and transportation that are not specifically mentioned.
- Personal Insurance, Medical box, emergency rescue evacuation, oxygen. etc
- Mineral water, alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, telephone, porter (In case of landslide or border crossing) and tips.
- Private yak for Parikrama (3 days). Cost US$90 per yak.
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned.
- Expenses due to flight delay, road disruption, flood, sickness and other contingencies
Tourist standard bus – capacity maximum 20 seats
Single rooms are not available in guest house. Usually dormitory accommodate 6 to 7 person
Member personal baggage allowance – 10 kg (due to restriction in helicopter flight)
Portable oxygen and first aid pox are provided
find your trip
- Price : USD 4130
- Destinations : Tibet - Mt. Kailash, Lake Mansarover
- Max Elevation : 5400
- Weather : April to October
- Trip Duration : 12 days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Trekking in Nepal
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India