Affordable Overland Tour to Mt. Kailash – 14 days
Best Affordable Trip to Mt. Kailash.
- Visit the exquisite lake Mansorover and the holy Mt. Kailash
- 2 days of outer kora trek
- Warm and hospitable people in Nepal and Tibet
- Experience and explore the many mysteries that lie in Tibet
- Scenic drive to the roof of the world
This trip is a private tour, which can be started on your chosen dates. We need a minimum of 4 people to run this trip. We travel first to Syabrubeshi on the Nepal side and do a little village walk. Next morning a short drive will take you to Nepal/Tibet border called Rashuwagadi, Kyirong in Tibet. Drive 8 hours / 175 km). You make an overland journey after acclimatize to Kerung country that lies at the height of 3950 m. Drive to Dongba and overnight, the next day drive will take you to Mansarover lake. From here we drive upto Darchen and we commence our parikrama. We return to Kathmandu using the same route after parikrama.Tour begins and ends at Kathmandu Making a parikrama (walking around Mt. Kailash) wash your sins away. Especially when this is done on an auspicious year or time. On such an occasion a circuit equals 13 circuits completed during the year. ABOUT Mt.KAILASH & THE PILGRIMAGE TOUR
Buddhist, Hindus and Bonpo faithful consider Mt. Kailash as their sacred land. The mountain is known as the throne of “Shiva", a powerful God in Hindu mythology. Buddhist considers it as Kang Rinpoche, the precious Snow Mountain. A devotee of the Jain religion considers the peak as Mount Ashtpada. Rishabanatha, the founder of the Jain faith, believed that he gained spiritual liberation on the summit of Mt.Kailash. Bon po, pre Buddhist religion in Tibet believes that this is the 'Nine storeys Swastika Mountain' that lead to heaven. Despite its barren and dry features the lake and the mountain have a magnetic influence on devotees and visitors alike. The pilgrim's walk and prostate around the mountain path of 55-km Kailash Parbat (mountain) known to them as Meru in ice and stone. There is a strong belief among Hindus and Buddhist that a single walk around the holy mountain would wash away all the sins of a lifetime. Travellers and explorers see in its raw form the amazing beauty in the middle of the dull landscape and the faithful feel that it is the sanctuary of God that gives life to the entire human being. Everybody always finds in it something valuable. Kailash peak and Mansarover Lake are situated at 4500 meters above sea level at the highest elevation on the Tibetan plateau. It is the source of holy rivers of south Asia like Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra and Karnali Mt. Kailash. It is the only peak in the entire Himalayan range revered as ultimate sanctity. It is also one of the highest Mountains in Tibet at over 6714m (22,022 ft) and Lake Manasarovar at 4558m (14,950 ft) is probably the highest freshwater lake in the world. Though the entire Himalayas is regarded as a divine dwelling yet Mt. Kailash is the only peak that is revered as ultimate sanctity. Pilgrim takes bath in the lake Mansarover, known as Mana (mind) of Brahama.
The place is certainly remote and difficult to reach especially in the extreme weather conditions and often on a dusty and rough road. The distance from Kathmandu is about 1000 km and from Lhasa, it is almost double. On the geographical aspect, the mountain is the source of four great rivers that merge in the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea. It is the source of the civilization of Indus and Brahmaputra river valley in India. Despite the reality of the Cultural Revolution in China and Tibet, regions around Kailash suffered the least. Though many monuments around it and in the vicinity were destroyed yet the faith of its followers has remained stronger than ever. More than the pilgrimage of your lifetime it is truly an adventure that remains with you life long.
COST-Private Trip: $2835 per person
Require Min-4 person to run the trip
- Arrival/departure transfers in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees during sightseeing tour
- Private transport from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi and, from Kyirong to Kathmandu after the completion of Yatra
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu using Hotel Holy Himalaya or similar on BB
- Tibet travel permits
- English speaking Tibetan guide, entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- Land transfer by land van or Mini bus according to the group size
- Guest House accommodation on BB basis (dormitory room), no attached bathroom and toilet in Mansarover and during Kailash Kora
- Yaks and Yak man for carrying luggage only during 3 days Kora ( 2 pax sharing one yak)
- Lunch and dinner at local lodges in Tibet
- Environmental protection bus fee of Kailash and lake Mansarover
- Oxygen 1 liter bottle one each, sleeping bags, down jackets, oxymeter
- Group visa fee for China / Tibet with same day delivery - US$90 per person. For US Citizen US$175 per person
- Personal clothing and Sleeping bag (rental cost US$30)
- Personal Insurance, Medical box, emergency rescue evacuation, etc
- Lunch and Dinner, alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, telephone, porterage (In case of landslide or border crossing) and tips.
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned.
- Expenses due to flight delay, road disruption, flood, sickness and other contingencies
- Kathmandu – Hotel Taleju
- Syabrubeshi – Local best available Guest House
- Kyirong = Pengtso Rosar Hotel
- Dongba = local Hotel
- Tarchen = local budget hotel
- Lake Manasarovar, Dirapuk, Zultulpuk = local guesthouse (shared dormitory room with 4-8 beds in one room, there is no attached bathroom and toilet, it's impossible to take a shower )