Annapurna Base Camp Trek – 14 days
Trek to Annapurna Base Camp in combination with Ghorepani is the best trek from Pokhara. There is a fantastic view from Poon hill. Wowed view of Annapurna. You are completely surrounded by Annapurna Himalayan range at the base camp.
- Highest Point Annapurna Base Camp 4130m
- Visit of popular Gurung village like Ghandrung and Chhomrong
- Jhinu Natural Hot Spring
- Breath taking views of Himchuli, Annapurna South, Barahi Shikhar, Annapurna I, Glacier Dom, Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Machhapuchhre
- Extensive rhododendron forests, Natural hot springs, flora and fauna
- Journey into the heart of Annapurna
- Trek start from Nayapul – Hille – Ghorepani-Chomrung –Machhapuchare BC - ABC – Chomrung- Landrung - Trek end at Dhumpus
Annapurna foothill region is the focus of the article “Honey Hunters of Nepal”, written by Eric Valli and Diane Summers and another article “Annapurna Sanctuary for the Himalaya” written and photographed by Galen Rowell. Both articles were published in National Geography magazine. It has been subject of writers , photographers and climbers since Mourice Herzog first ascent to 8000 m peak Annapurna 1 back in 1950s.
The glacial basin of Annapurna Sanctuary is formed by the circle of Annapurna Himalaya range, Gangapurna and Machapuchre. As you travel from Chumro towards the Sanctuary the trail pass through a narrow valley that is prone to avalanche in winter and early spring. You follow Modi Khole (river) through thick bamboo and rhododendron forests into the centre of lateral moraine and base camp of Annapurna to view the spectacular Annapurna range all around. Stop at Ghorepani to see a beautiful sunrise view over Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. The Gurung villages and frequent stops at tea-shop dotted along the way gives a unique cultural experience. Like the Sherpa in Everest, Gurung is in Annapurna and Limbus in Kanchanjunga.
As a matter of fact, the Macchapuchhare and Annapurna base camp were summer pastureland of the Gurung ethnic community living in Armaula, Dampus and Ghandrung long before the Annapurna region was reconnaissance by the British around 1925. Despite the lower height Macchapuchhare peak always attracted the attention of the visitors. The sanctuary is surrounded by the four highest peaks in the Annapurna massif which are all above 7500 meters; the British survey team gave them the name Annapurna 1, 2, 3 and 4 - Annapurna 1 is the highest (8091m). It was climbed by the French expedition lead by Maurice Herzog in 1950. Instead of Dhaulagiri, they climbed Annapurna 1 instead of the British who had set to climb the peak but went to the wrong place to set their camp. Ever since the route to the sanctuary was traced by Col. Robert around 1964 the trekkers have found their holy-land in the mystery that engulfs them there. The land is also holy for the local Gurung who have been living there since human habitation started.
Other related information
The schedule stops as shown in the itinerary are a guideline only. It may change dues to logistic reason and other condition like weather, etc which are beyond our control. There are several flights throughout the day between Kathmandu and Pokhara and few flights from Pokhara to Jomsom. The flight may be delayed due to weather and technical condition, especially in winter and monsoon time. In winter the thick fog in Kathmandu airport in the morning may delay a subsequent flight. Trek to Annapurna is a popular trek. There are several good quality lodge accommodation on the trail. Many lodges provide hot shower by using solar panels.
Caution: In winter and early spring the section near Hinko can be dangerous due to avalanches from Hiunchuli and Annapurna South which are above but can not be seen. The avalanche can come crashing into the valley with unbelieving speed. Extra precaution at this point can avert the possible danger.
Trip Cost per person - Private Departure (Based on group size)
- 1 pax US$1055 per person
- 2 pax US$ 925 per person
- 3-5 pax US$ 865 per person
- 6-9 pax US$ 830 per person
- 10+ pax US$ 805 per person
- Single Supplement: US$90
- Departure: Anytime upon your request
- Airfare: Kathmandu to Pokhara,
- Green-line or similar category bus - Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Arrival and departure transfers
- All meals and accommodation in lodge/tea house during the trek
- Service of trek guide
- Porters to carry personal baggage each 15 kg.)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Annapurna Conservation entry permit (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Private transfer to trek start/end-point from Pokhara Hotel
- Hotel accommodation (2 star) on bed and breakfast Kathmandu and Pokhara as per itinerary
- Personal clothing and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Hotel accommodation, sightseeing and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the program
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date.
Winter Treks In Nepal- Top 8 Places
Winter trekking in Nepal may take a bit more planning, but the beautiful scenery
Mustang Mountain Biking Tour
Nepal Mustang Mountain Biking for adventure seekers- A Thrilling Experience Nep