Annapurna IV (7525m) climb – 30 days
Popular climbing peak in the Annapurna region.
The fascinating Kaligandaki river gorge, highpass at Thorang La and beautiful villages at the foothills of Annapuran make this trip one of the popular climbing peak in the Annapurna region. Annapurna section is one of the popular and memorable holiday destination.
Earliest expedition to the Himalaya lead by H.W. Tilman used Annapurna IV to build up his expedition team to other formidable Himalayan peaks. A Canadian Everest expedition team in 1981 used its normal route to test and train their climbers. Since 1950 when it was first attempted by W.P. Packard and Charles many teams have climbed the peaks. Earlier expedition to climb this peak failed because of ice above camp I, weather and logistics. A German expedition lead by Heinz Steinmetz was the first to attempt the summit.
Base camp is a day from Ongre airport from Manang. Three weeks should be considered for setting up high camps and climbing the peak. And two weeks for a walk in and out of base camp. The normal route through the east ridge would be used to attempt the summit.
COST-Private Trip: Net in per person in US$
- 1 person US$ 12500
- 2 person US$ 10000
- 3-5 person US$ 7500
- 6-9 person US$ 5500
- Climbing permit, park fees
- Airfare or ground transportation according to programme
- Meals, accommodation in lodge or tent, cooking and eating utensils
- Service of sardar (guide), cook, kitchen and Sherpa assistants
- Porters to carry camp equipments, food and members personal baggage of 15 kg each
- Warm clothing for porters, Sherpa climbing guide and his equipment allowance
- Accident and evacuation insurance for staffs and porters
- All arrangement at base camp are included
- Laision Officer appointed by Nepal Government
- Personal clothing and climbing equipment, sleeping bag
- Personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost
- Oxygen and oxygen set, medical box, alcholic beverage, laundry and tips
- Rescue cost, climbing gears, climbing and camping equipment above base camp
- High altitude food, communication equipment
- Insurance and expenses of personal nature and tips, and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
USD 5500Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Alpine Climbing
- Max Altitude : 7525 m.
- Best Time : Spring (April to May), Autumn October to November
- Trip Days : 30 days