Australian Camp Trek – 3 days
The location of Australian Camp at the highest summit (2060 m) near Pokhara has the best view of entire Annapurna and other lofty Himalayan range. The trek along Naundanda ridge to Sarankot or through Dhumps and Astam villages is a wonderful and easy walk
- Most popular short trek from Pokhara
- View of Annapurna range is spectacular
- Enjoy walking through rhododendron forests
- Beautiful view of Macchapuchhre all along the trail
- All-inclusive lodge trek
- Trek start from Pokhara: Drive to Dhumpus Phedi – Dhumpus – Australian Camp – Naudanda – Trek ends at Sarankot: Drive to Pokhara
This short trek to Australian camp is extended trek version of Dhumpus trek. The advantage of its elevation (2060m) at the summit gives a better view of the entire Himalayan ranges. You can see Dhaulagiri and continuous series of Annapurna range that ends at Lamjung Himal. The views are amazing, especially at sunrise and sunset. The walk is easy though uphill. You walk through several villages and forests away from the crowded trail. If you are looking for village experience and quick escape for a couple of days Australian Camp is the right destination for you.
If you like to spend more time in the mountain it is best to extend the trek to Dhumpus to Australian Camp. It offers a wider view of the entire Himalayan range. To enjoy the mountain and views it is best not to rush. Allow at least three days. One day to go up to the ridge at Dhumpus, climb further up to Australian Camp and return to Pokhara. It is an easy walk. To reach Dhumpus you got to climb up from the base of the hill through the terraced rice field. It takes about 2 hours to climb up to the ridge. If you follow the trekking trails from Mahendrapul to Astam the close-up view of Machhapuchare peak is wonderful but it takes longer to reach Dhumpus.
Dhumpus village (1700m) is a popular stop for a longer trek to Annapurna Base Camp as well as Ghorepani. Trekkers always find it best to stop for overnight either when starting or ending their trek. From Dhumpus in the eastern horizon, you can see the lush green valley with an amazing view of Annapurna range. To the north is a picturesque view of Machhapuchare. The village has not changed much since the early days of trekking except there are more tourists’ lodges. According to 1991 census, it had 547 households and its population was 2753. Now Dhumpus village has turned into a tourist destination of its own right. On the way you get to see and experience the lives of local people doing their daily chores like taking care of their animals, harvesting their crops and carrying heavy loads with straps on their head. The walk to Astam gives close up view of Machhapuchare peak. It is almost like looking at the peak just outside your window. As you travel along you will see the uninterrupted views of the peak. You will treasure it in your memory. It is definitely a ‘wow!’ experience.
On the third day descend to Kade. In our trek itinerary, we have included a long walk along the Naudanda ridge to Sarankot. Though there is a road along the ridge it is nice to walk along and see more of the countryside and the panoramic view of Annapurna range and Machhapuchare peak. Sarankot has developed into a viewpoint to see the sunrise over Annapurna Himalaya.Travel Options
Trip Cost per person - Private Departure (Based on group size)
- 1 pax: US$320 per person
- 2 pax: US$280 per person
- 3-5 pax US$250 per person
- 6-9 pax US$230 per person
- 10-15pax US$210 per person
*Departure: Anytime upon requestCost includes:
- All meals and accommodation in lodge/tea house during the trek and sleeping bag
- Service of trek guide.
- Porters to carry personal baggage each 15 kg)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Annapurna Area Conservation Entry permit
- Priavate transfers from Pokhara hotel to trek start point, trek end point to Pokhara hotel or airport
- Personal clothing
- Airfare to and from Pokhara
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Hotel accommodation, sightseeing and meals in Katmandu and Pokhara
210Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Easy
- Max Altitude : 2000 m
- Best Time : Spring (Mar-May) Autumn ( Oct - Nov) & Dec
- Mode of Trip : Lodge
- Trip Days : 3