Bhote Koshi Rafting – 2 days
One of the best short and exciting rafting in Nepal.
- River side camping
- Spectacular and awesome view of Langtang and Gaurishankar himal
- Enjoy relaxed environment and cool weather of the river
- Easy walk to nearby village. Possible to make some stops during the trip
- Exciting white water rafting in swift flowing Bhote Koshi river
- Enjoy overnight tented camping and picnic lunch on the beach
- You get to enjoy and experience nature and soothing environment
Bhote Koshi river originates in Tibet. The river flows out of the Lumi Chimi lake in Tibet. The rive known as Poiqu in Tibet when it enters Nepal it is called Bhote Koshi. Further downstream from Bahrabise it is called Sun Koshi. The Bhote Koshi is the upper river course of the Sun Kosi. Further down the main streams are joined by several river and finally become Sapta Koshi river.
White water rafting in Bhote Koshi river is one of the best short and exciting white water rafting in Nepal; perhaps in the world. The gradient of the river is steeper than any other river good for rafting in Nepal. It has a gradient of 15 meters per kilometre. The gradient makes continuous rapids. Hence the rapids in the river are good for your adrenaline rush. The rapids are continuous; it comes one after another. The experience is exciting and thrilling. If you have already done rafting in Trishuli, white water in Bhote Koshi is a perfect choice. People love to do Kayaking too. When the river water volume is high the rapids are graded class IV-V and III at lower levels.
volume of water is low from January to May. The fun rafting trip is best from January to May when the volume of water is at its lowest – it is three times less than in monsoon. The water volume is high from Sep to December therefore the current is swift and rafting is more adventure during this period. In the monsoon season, from June to August, the volume of water is very high; often this river get floods and debris. No rafting is possible during this period.
Trishuli river was the first river that was navigated for rafting in the early 80s. Bhote Koshi got attention after the Kodari border got prominence for tourist visit in the early ’90s. Resorts and hotels in Dhulikhel brought added advantage for a stopover for holidaymakers.Route: Drive to Chauradi– Rafting in Bhote Koshi & SunKoshi river - Drive from Dolalghat to KathmanduYou may be interested in:
Day 01: Drive to Bhote Koshi river (100 km) – 4 hour drive. Full day rafting. Overnight camping in the beach
Leave Kathmandu at 7 am. Drive to raft put-in point at Baseri (95 km). It is a 4 hour drive from Kathmandu. On the first day, you will cover about 15 km stretch of the river. In the upper section the river makes a steep and direct drop when it enters Bhote Koshi. The gradient gradually eases as the river approaches down-stream to Lamasangu. The upper section above Barabise is a narrow valley. There are steep hills on both sides of the river with scenic landscape. There are no big rapids to shoot but the rapids are excellent for white water.
Overnight camp at beyond Barabise on a sandy beach
Day 02: Raft to Dolalghat. After lunch drive back to Kathmandu (60 km) – 2 hour drive
After breakfast as soon the sun appears, 2nd day of rafting begins at 9.30am. Mostly it is easy ride in the down-stream of the river. You get through scenic beauty and peaceful environment. The river make easy and fun ride. The lower stretch is good for a pleasant and fun day trip. You stop at several places to take swimming or for leisure. Float to put out point near Dolalghat. Picnic lunch is served on the sandy beach. Leave Dolalghat at 2 pm. Drive back to Dhulikhel (28 km). It is about an hour drive. Take a break for about an hour at Dhulikhel and then drive back to Kathmandu (31 km). Reach Kathmandu at 5 pm.
Cost of the trip:
- NPRs 10,500 per person. We need minimum 6 person to run the trip.
- Join In Fixed Departure cost: NPRs 11,000 per person
- Accommodation based on double occupancy
- Ground transportation to start and from end point of the river trip
- Accommodation - normal tents, and mattress
- Camping equipments
- Meals – Lunch, dinner, breakfast and lunch
- River guide and camp assistants based on group size
- Rafting rubber (compact and inflated) boat and accessory rafting equipments
- First- Aid kit
Starting from NPR 9,000Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Grade 4-5
- Best Time : Spring (March, April and May) Autun (September, October and November)
- Mode of Trip : Bhote Koshi white water rafting
- Tour Begins at : We will notify
- Tour Ends at : Your Raft guide will coordinate this
- Trip Days : 2 days
- Departure Date : Coming soon