Bhutan Chomolhari Trek – 15 days
On this trek you visit base camp of Mt. Chomolari (7316m) and a remote fort of Langshi Dzong. There are great view of himalaya and the surrounding mountain. From Paro walk through narrow agricultural valley and continue through a river valley that winds up and down the drainage. The trail gradually climb up. At high mountain pasture you meet yak herders. They live in tents made from yaks hide and stone houses. The view of the Himalaya is rewarding. Visit base camp of Chomolari (4150m), fort at Lingshi Dzong (4150m) and make a day excursion to the base of Jichu Drake peak (6974m). It is possible to see musk deer and blue sheep. Trail condition and weather will determine route of your return journey. It can be either same route or via Yali la , a pass of 4820 meter, to Shodu (3963m) and Barshong (3785m) that descend to meet the main trail to Thimpu chu (river). This trail is bit tedious though it terminates at Thimpu.
Stay one more night in Thimpu to take a day trip to Punakha (1350m) through high pass at Dochu la (3100m) and Wangdi Phodrang. Next day take a half day tour of the capital to completes your journey to Druk Yul. Return to Paro and fly to Kathmandu or onward.
This is probably the best trek in Bhutan. Best time to visit : April to October. Late Autumn and winter are not good due to heavy snow condition.
COST - Private Trip
- 1 person US$ 4080
- 2 person US$ 3575 per person
- 3+ person US$ 3070 per person
- SGL supplement: US$ 525
Departures: As per your choice dates.
- All meals, hotel accommodation, camping gears, tents and food supply
- Cooking and eating utensils, service of guide, cook, Kitchen and assistants
- Yak or Mule to carry personal baggage (each 15 kgs), food and camping equipment
- accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Airport transfers in Bhutan
- All transfers and guided sightseeing tour with English speaking tour guide
- Royalty and taxes to government
- Fees to temples & monuments
- Bhutan Visa and entrance fees
Cost does not include:
- Airport departure tax if applicable
- Expenses of personal nature, laundry, bar bills
- Airfare: Kathmanu to Paro US$ 250 one way(round trip US$ 450 per person) - airfare are subject to change without prior notices
3070Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : 4150
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Trip Days : 15