Chitwan Jungle Safari
You will visit: Kathmandu, Chitwan
Safari standard: Economy
Wildlife: One-horned rhinos, elephants, tiger, black beer, sloth beer, spotted deer, barking deer, hog deer, sambar deer, antelopes, wild boar, wild chickens, peacock, different species of birds, gharials, alligators, monkeys, reptiles.
Viewing by: Game viewer, canoe, 4x4 vehicle
Getting around: 4x4 transfer vehicles
Trip Mode: Flight ( 25 mins) OR Drive (5 hrs)
Arrive/Depart: Fly in/out Kathmandu/ The nearest airport to Chitwan is Bharatpur (10kms drive)
Chitwan is situated in Rapti valley in subtropical land of Terai(Plains). The rugged Churia hills, sal forests, grassland and reverine forests, swamps and lakes provides excellent habitats for an unusually rich variety of large mammals. It is one of the few remaining habitat of Royal Bengal tiger and great one horned rhinoceros. The package offer a wilderness of rich ecosystem that includes mammals, birds, reptiles and water animals of several kinds. Small herd of wild elephants are occasionally seen. About 309 species of birds including gangetic dolphin, waterfowl - both migratory and residential, and two species of crocodile are found in the park. There are scientific research projects funded by WWF (World Wild Life Fund) and international organization to understand ecology, behavior and preserve species like rhino, tiger and deer. There is breeding center for nearly extinct ghariel crocodile. Another most important factor adding to the chitwan experience is the colorful Tharu Culture, their way of living, culture and tradition and heart touching Tharu Dance.
- US$ 1295 per person
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu 2 star
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Full board –breakfast, lunch and dinner at 3 star Chitwan resort.
- All taxes
- Personal clothing, sleeping bag etc.
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box.
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Short & Long Sleeve Shirts - Long sleeved is for protection from the sun and insects in the evenings.
- Shorts & Trousers - again, long trousers can protect from the sun & insects
- Swim wear for on the river
- Shoes - Comfortable trainers/shoes and a pair of sandals. You will need some type of hiking or safari boot if you plan on any walking safaris.
- Binoculars Camera
- Personal first-aid kit and wash kit
- Guidebooks, maps, etc
- Water bottle
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Personal medication
- Reading book