Chulu West Climb (6419m) – 21 days
Best climb in the Annapurna circuit.
- Ascent the peak and feel the exhilaration.
- Popular and Easy peak to summit in the Annapurna region.
- Cross Thorong La (5416m).
- Explore timeless and sacred villages, such as Muktinath.
- You get a great view of Manaslu (8156m). World's 7th highest mountain.
- Explore unique Tibetan culture, colourful monasteries and famous Gompas.
- Enjoy uninterrupted views of Annapurna II, Himlung Himal, Gangapurna, and Tilicho Peak.
- Trek start from / Besi sahar- Bahun dahra– Chamje– Pisang– Manang– Muktinath– Trek end at Jomsom
The Chulu peaks form part of the larger Damodar Himal of the Manang District. Chulu West climb is one of the best climb in the most beautiful place in the Himalayan belt of Annapurna circuit trail, the very best trekking route in the world. Out of the two Chulus (East and West), Chulu West is the higher peak. It was first ascended in 1952 by a Japanese Expedition. The Base Camp of this peak is situated in a small valley north of Manang, off the main trail to the Thorang-La pass. There is a controversy regarding the name and location of the Chulu peaks. There are several peaks close by and are also a part of Chulu massif but are not indicated on the map. Thus it is difficult to differentiate between the two Chulus. However, the Chulu group comprises of four peaks: two in the east and two in the west. Chulu West may also be called Chulu Central. There is no technical difficulty in ascending this peak but progress can be slow as the slopes are vulnerable to avalanches in certain conditions.
Start your trek Bahun dahra as the trail follows Marysnagdi river to Pisang and Manang. The base camp of Chulu West is set up at the further end of the trail towards Thorang Phedi that forks to a valley made by a tributary of Jargeng Khola (river). The base camp of Pisang is at a higher elevation (4380m) than Pisang village. Nepal Mountaineering Association for training purpose uses both peaks.,/p>
The approach up the Marshyangdi is relatively quick and involves no great altitude gain, the trek takes you through a wonderful variety of landscape and culture, from the subtropical lower reaches of the valley with its terraced fields where Gurung people dominate, crossing rhododendron and pine forests.
- Days 01: Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel.
- Days 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
- Days 03: Departure to Bensisahar.
- Days 04: Trek to Bahundanda.
- Days 05: Trek to Chamje.
- Days 06: Trek to Dharapani.
- Days 07: Trek to Chame.
- Days 08: Trek to Pisang.
- Days 09: Trek to Manang.
- Days 10: Acclimatization at Manang.
- Days 11: Trek to Chulu base camp.
- Days 12: Rest at Chulu base camp.
- Days 13: High camp
- Days 14: Summit Chulu East (6,358-meter) or West (6,420-meter) and return back to base camp.
- Days 15: Trek to Thorong high camp.
- Days 16: Trek to Muktinath after crossing Thorong La pass (5416m).
- Days 17: Trek to Jomsom.
- Days 18: Fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom.
- Days 19: Drive back to Kathmandu.
- Days 20: Rest at Kathmandu.
- Days 21: Departure on your own destination.
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in US$
- 1 person: US$ 5500
- 2 person: US$ 4400
- 3-5 person: US$ 3800
- 6-9 person: US$ 3000
- Climbing permit, park fees.
- Ground transportation according to programme.
- Meals, accommodation in lodge and tent, cooking and eating utensils.
- Service of sardar (guide), cook, kitchen and Sherpa assistants.
- Porters to carry camp equipments, food and members personal baggage of (26 kg for 2 person)
- Warm clothing for porters, Sherpa climbing guide and his equipment allowance.
- Accident and insurance for staffs and porters.
- Hotel accommodation - 3 star in Kathmandu and sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Personal clothing and climbing equipment, sleeping bag.
- Personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost, oxygen.
- Alcholic beverage, laundry and tips
- Anyother services that is not specifically mentioned in the program.
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date.
$ 3000Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Streneous
- Max Altitude : 6419 m.
- Best Time : March, April, May, Oct, Nov
- Mode of Trip : Drive -Lodge- Camp- Fly
- Tour Begins at : Syange/Jagat
- Trip Days : 21 days