Classic Everest base camp trek – 25 days
It is the most popular high altitude short trek. It provides the best experience of high Himalaya. You are in the amphitheatre made by the surrounding Everest Himalayan range.
- Walk the classic route to Everest Base Camp
- Close up view of Mt. Everest from Kala Patthar (5545m)
- Panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and entire Himalayan range in Khumbu
- Visit the oldest monastery at Phaplu, Junbesi, Taksindu and Thyangboche
- Breathtaking view of Ama Dablam
- Beautiful view of entire Himalayan range on the flight to from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Experience the hospitality of legendary Sherpa, their culture and tradition
- Spectacular view of Gauri Shankar and Himalayan range
- A pleasant walk through the alpine meadow, oak and rhododendron forest
- Trek start from Jiri – Ringmu – Phakding - Namche Bazar - Tengboche – Pangboche – Retrace the trail back to Manjo - and end trek at Lukla
You follow the original route used by first Everest expedition that starts from Jiri to the base camp of Mt. Everest. En-route you come across wide valley at Bhandar and Sherpa settlements at Junbesi. Cross the pass at Takshindu (3048m), there is a Buddhist monastery. Continue the journey to Phakding and enter into the home of Sherpa people perched in the nook and corner of the valleys in Khumbu. Visit village at Thame (3811m) and Khumjung. Stop overnight at Namchebazar and Thayngboche on the way to base camp. As you approach base camp you stop overnight at a remote settlement at Dingboche and Lobouje. From Lobouje make a day trek to Kalapattar to see great view of Mt.Everest. Retrace the trail back to Lukla. The trek ends with flight to Kathmandu.
After short break trek to Phakding and enter into the home of Sherpa community perched in the nook and corner of the valleys known as Khumbu. After Phakding the trail gradually climb to Jorsale and climb the steep but gradual trail to Namche Bazar. Spend two nights in Namche bazaar. While at Namche Bazar visit the villages at Khumjung. The extra days at Namche allow you to acclimatize in the increasingly thin air as you go up higher. After Namche Bazar the trail drops down to Dudh Koshi River. Cross the small hamlet at Punki Thanka and climb the steep trail that becomes gradual as you reach Thayngboche monastery. The trail from Thyangboche to the summer settlement of Dingboche is quite easy. Next day walk down Chukung valley; this is another easy day for acclimatization. Explore the area. There are several high viewpoints to see a panoramic view of the high mountain including the icefall at Amphulapcha. The base camp of Island peak is very close to Chukung village. It is one of the most popular trekking peak.
There are another two nights at Dingboche (14,100 ft/ 4300 m). This extra day provides sufficient time to acclimatize your body. Lobouje is your second last stop on the way to Kalapattar and base camp of Mt. Everest. Depending upon weather and your physical condition you stop at Gorakshep for an overnight or go direct to climb Kalapattar to see them close up the stunning view of Mt.Everest. If you are energetic and feel good take time visit the base camp of Mt. Everest.
The high point in this trek is the majestic view of Mt. Everest and surrounded by lofty Himalayan peaks in the backdrop of deep blue sky. The grandeur of nature that you see would be one of the most memorable in your life. Next in your schedule is to visit Gokyo lake on the other side.
The itinerary, schedule and program are suggested guideline only. It may change because of logistics, weather, physical condition and other circumstances that are beyond our control. The person and appointment thus explained are subject to ground reality and availability. We will do our utmost to adhere to the above program. Any part of the programme that may require change due to logistic condition and other reason would be made with the consultation and decision of the trip leader.
Flight to and from Lukla is subject to delay due to weather and technical condition. The delay due to weather conditions may continue for several days. Normally a day or two is unavoidable if the weather becomes bad. Though May is not prone to such delay yet it is important to take caution. For this reason, usually, we suggest 2 to 3 night stay in Kathmandu after the trek for treks that involves a flight from the remote airstrip. If the delay continues for several days the only possibility is to a charter helicopter, the cost is very high; it is not covered in the cost.
We advise all participants not to expect a western standard of comfort, lodges have basic but good enough sleeping bed. Using these simple lodgings allows us to offer what for many, is a lifetime dream at an affordable price. For those who wish to have attached bath and toilet facilities, should let us know for special arrangement at extra cost
Trip Cost per person - Private Departure (Based on group size)
- 1 pax US$1885
- 2 pax US$1665
- 3-5 pax US$1605
- 6-9 pax US$1535
- 10 + pax US$1425
- SGL Supplement: US$ 150
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) and normal standard accommodation in lodges during the trek
- Service of trek guide and Sherpa assistant above 6 persons in a group
- Porters to carry personal baggage (14 kg per person)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Transport from Kathmandu to Jiri
- Scheduled Airfare: Lukla-Kathmandu
- National park entrance permit and trekking permit (TIMS)
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Hotel accommodation using 3-star category in Kathmandu on BB as per program
Cost does not include:
- Personal warm clothing, down jacket, boots (walking shoes) and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical expense
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
- Use of unscheduled flight, helicopter (sharing US$340 per person) and rescue flights
- Medical and emergency rescue and evacuation expenses
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the program.
- Expenses due to the flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Excess baggage and personal porter
*Government permit fees and airfares are subject to change without prior notice
1605Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Streneous
- Max Altitude : 5545
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Lodge
- Trip Days : 20 days