Darjeeling-Sikkim-Kalimpong-Tour- 8 days
A comprehensive and enthralling tour.
- A comprehensive tour for those looking for a short and best holiday.
- Darjeeling, Sikkim and Kalimpong tour will give you an insight and an enthralling experience of hills in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- The view of the mighty Kanchenjunga from Tiger hill followed by a drive through the lush Teesta valley to Gangtok the capital of Sikkim.
- Tsomgo Lake - at an altitude of 3754 m
- Walk through the fascinating bazaar full of local products and produce in Gangtok.
- Visit Rumtek Monastery
Darjeeling, Sikkim and Kalimpong tour is specially designed to introduce you to the three main hilly district in West Bengal. These three valley lie close together to each other with An approximate distance covering up to 50 -130 km. It is India's superb destination and covers major highlighted historical, religious and scenic spots. One can take this combined tour to fully experience the culture, tradition, flora and fauna of the lesser Himalayan region.
Darjeeling: There is no finer place than Darjeeling to step yourself in the grandeur and beauty of the towering snowcapped mountains. Darjeeling derived its present name from the local Tibetan name, Dorjee-Ling, which means the place (Ling) of the Thunderbolt (Dorjee). The hill resides in the northern part of West Bengal, similar in geography to that of Sikkim, with a population of 80 thousand. Darjeeling shares its border district with Sikkim in the north, Nepal in the West and Bhutan in the east. Darjeeling still retains an imperialistic touch although the British left about 60 years ago. Famous for its natural beauty and vast stretches of lush green tea gardens, and the only Himalayan Railway, known to the locals as the Toy Train, is now a world heritage which is listed by UNESCO in 1999.
Sikkim: Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim and is home to diverse ethnic communities with a population of approximately 5.5 lakh. The land occupies the west side of a long ridge flanking the Ranipool River. This Indian state is surrounded by Nepal, Bhutan and China. It is a land where people erect prayer flay and wish for world peace. The scenery is spectacular and there are excellent views of the entire Khangchendzonga range from many points in the vicinity. Many people expect Sikkim to be a smaller version of Kathmandu, overflowing with ancient temples, palaces, monasteries, and narrow colourful bazaars. It is an interesting and pleasant place to stay and the people here are exceptionally friendly.
Kalimpong: Kalimpong means King's minister, strongly hold a Bhutanese word, local dialect meaning" Black Spur" and "as per Lepchas, Kalimpong means the “Ridge where we play". It is located on a ridge overlooking the Teesta River, is a tourist destination owing to its warm climate and proximity to popular tourist locations in the region. Horticulture is an important occupation in Kalimpong: it has a flower market notable for its wide array of orchids; nurseries, which export Himalayan grown flower bulbs, tubers and rhizomes, contribute to the economy of Kalimpong. Home to ethnic Nepalis, indigenous ethnic groups and non-native migrants from other parts of India, the town also is a religious centre of Buddhism. The Buddhist monastery Zang Dhok Palri Phodang holds a number of rare Tibetan Buddhist scriptures.
Transportation: From Kathmandu, take the one hour flight to Bhadrapur (the nearest Nepalese airport to Darjeeling), drive to Kakarvitta (Nepal/Indian border 34km), to Siliguri (36km) and to Darjeeling (77 km, about 2 ½ hrs drive). Darjeeling is also connected by road with Sikkim (120km) and Bhutan (200km). Darjeeling is about 90 km from Bagdogra, the nearest airport, where scheduled flights operate from New Delhi, Calcutta and Guwahati The nearest railheads are Siliguri and New Jalpaiguri (88km) which are connected to Calcutta, New Delhi, Guwahati and other major cities in India.
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in USD
- 2 person: US$ 920 per person
- 3-4 person: US$ 865 per person
- 6-9 person: US$ 805 per person
- 10-16 person: US$ 715 per person
- SGL supplement: US$ 425
- 4 star Hotel accommodation on MAP basis (breakfast and dinner)
- Sightseeing tour according to the program.
- Required A/C ground transportation as per group size
- Necessary travel permit
- Service of English speaking guide/escort
- Visa fees, personal clothing and equipment’s
- Single supplement, airfare
- Excess baggage, personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost, medical box
- Bottled beverages, laundry, tips