Dhampus Trek – 2 days
A short day hike from Pokhara takes you to the mountain away from the city that offers an awesome view of the Himalayan range and local village experience
- Most popular short trek from Pokhara
- View of Annapurna range is spectacular
- Beautiful view of Macchapuchhre all along the trail
- A typical village walk experience
- Trek start from Pokhara: Drive to Dhumpus Phedia – Dhumpus – Descend to Phedi. Drive to Pokhara
Dhumpus village (1700m) is a popular stop for a longer trek to Annapurna Base Camp as well as Ghorepani. Trekkers always find it best to stop for overnight either when starting or ending their trek. This is because of its location. Towards the eastern horizon, you can see the lush green valley with an amazing view of Annapurna range. To the north is a picturesque view of Machhapuchare. The village has not changed much since the early days of trekking except there are more tourists’ lodges. According to 1991 census, it had 547 households and its population was 2753. Now Dhumpus village has turned into a tourist destination of its own right. In this short trek on the trail, you get to see and experience lives of local people doing their daily chores like taking care of their animals, harvesting their crops and carrying heavy loads with straps on their head.
If you are short of time and want to get up in the mountain to experience the village and better views of the Himalayan range the trek to Dhumpus village is the best choice. It is closest to Pokhara. It is best to have at least two days. One day to go up to the ridge, stay overnight and next day return to Pokhara. It is an easy walk. You got to climb up from the base of the hill through the terraced rice field. It takes about 2 hours to climb up to the ridge.Travel Option: Trek Extension
If you have more time you do have the option to extend your trek to Australian camp. It is at the highest elevation around the area. Its vantage point offer breathtaking view of the entire Annapurna range. Cost of extension is not included in the trip cost.
Short hike and trek can make suitable combination with sightseeing tours, jungle safari and rafting program.A trek or hike on the mountains of Nepal is not a wilderness experience. It is rather a cultural and nature experience. It is a journey through various ethnic cultures, religion and geographical diversity of this small kingdom. There are rich varieties of flora and fauna within a limited area and horizontal distance of 70 km from a lowest elevation of 150 meter to 4848 meter above sea level. The mountains in the middle range are dotted with numerous villages. They are interlinked by footpath. You use these networks of footpath made by local people.
Trip Cost per person - Private Departure (Based on group size)
- 1 pax: US$199 per person
- 2 pax: US$165 per person
- 3-5pax US$145 per person
- 6-9 pax US$130 per person
- All meals and accommodation in lodge/tea house during the trek.
- Service of trek guide.
- Porters to carry personal baggage each 15 kg.)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Private transportation to trek start/end point from Pokhara hotel
- Personal clothing and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Hotel accommodation, sightseeing and meals in Kathmandu
Mustang Mountain Biking Tour
Nepal Mustang Mountain Biking for adventure seekers- A Thrilling Experience Nep
Treasure of Taplejung
Taplejung is a far-flung district located in the eastern development region of t