Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek – 21 Days
The Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek can be the most adventurous and challenging trek, promising an experience that is nothing short of spectacular. Lace up your hiking boots, pack your sense of adventure, and let’s dive into the enthralling world of this remarkable trekking expedition.
Discovering Dhaulagiri Base Camp: A Thrilling Escapade
Be prepared to be greeted by the raw beauty of the Himalayan landscape. Dhaulagiri, the world’s seventh highest mountain, stands proudly, inviting trekkers to explore its hidden treasures. The trail winds through dense forests, charming villages, and serene alpine meadows, offering an ever-changing panorama that will leave you in awe.
The Path Less Traveled: Unique Highlights
1. Tranquil Village Retreats
Immerse yourself in the local culture as you pass through quaint villages along the trail. Your hearts will warm up with the warm hospitality of the residents. Interact with the indigenous communities and witness their way of life, a true privilege that sets this trek apart.
2. Nature’s Magnificence Unveiled
Each step brings you closer to nature’s exquisite beauty. As you walk through rhododendron forests bursting with vibrant colors, cross pristine glacial rivers,you will be blown over by the serene beauty of tranquil lakes. You will witness nature’s finest elements, a dream come true for every nature enthusiast.
3. The High Camp Challenge
As you ascend higher, the thrill intensifies. The high camp is a haven for adventure seekers, offering panoramic views that stretch as far as the eye can see. The challenging terrain adds an element of excitement, making every achievement a rewarding conquest.
A Gastronomic Delight: Culinary Experiences Like No Other
Indulge your taste buds with a diverse array of culinary delights. From traditional Nepali dishes to international favorites, the trekking route is a gastronomic journey that adds a flavorful dimension to your adventure.
Practical Tips for a Seamless Expedition
- Fitness First: While no extreme fitness level is required, a reasonable level of physical fitness is recommended to fully enjoy the trek.
- Pack Wisely: Light, essentials-packed backpacks are your best companions. Remember to include layers to tackle changing weather conditions.
- Stay Hydrated: The high altitudes demand proper hydration. Carry a reusable water bottle to keep yourself energized throughout the journey.
Supporting the Cause: Your Chance to Make a Difference
By embarking on the Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek, you’re contributing to the local economy and conservation efforts. Your presence helps sustain the communities and environments that make this adventure possible.
Ready to Conquer Dhaulagiri Base Camp?
In the words of John Muir, “The mountains are calling, and I must go.” Embrace the call and embark on this extraordinary journey.
Pack your passion, fuel your curiosity, and let the adventure begin!
- Explore the area which lies the 7th highest mountain in the world
- Discover ancient monuments and monasteries
- Italian Base Camp, Classic Base Camp, French Pass (5360m) and Dhampus Pass (5200m) are the significant places.
- Journey into the heart of Dhaulagiri with memorizing views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri
- Enjoy fully supported camping trek
Dhaulagiri I (8167 m) is the 7th highest mountain in the world and was first climbed on 13 May 1960 by a Swiss/Austrian/Nepali expedition. The trek to the base of Dhaulagiri and crossing the pass makes it a very adventurous and challenging trek.
Travel by bus from Kathmandu direct to Beni. The next day follows part of the trail a few days towards Dhorpatan and turns north to the base camp of Dhaulagiri. Low hill with terraced rice field and villages gradually gives away to the rugged mountain landscape. In about 7 days you reach base camp. The traverse from base camp to the ridge is steep and long. Cross the ridge at French pass and descend to Tikuche base camp. Continue to traverse in snow condition until you cross the pass. Because of the wind, altitude and snow, the visibility is usually very low while crossing the main ridge to Tokuche. After crossing the pass you descend to high pastureland for overnight camp. The next day make further steep descend to Tukuche. You are back to civilization as you follow the main trail to Jomsom. Fly out from Jomsom to Pokhara and travel to Kathmandu.
It is one of the best high adventure-trek in Nepal. This trek provides a very close up view of the huge snow peak, a unique experience in the rugged terrain in the company of qualified staffs. You should be prepared to travel in snow condition for an extended period over a week and be prepared for rough weather. Previous trek experience in the mountain is necessary. You should be physically fit. Consider the trek a grade higher than the trek to Makalu base camp.
COST-Private Trip: US$3570 per person
- Trek Cost includes meals, trek guides (sardar), camp staffs- Sherpas, cook. Kitchen staffs and porters to carry personal equipment (15kg), food, camping equipment etc.
- Accommodation in normal standard lodge at Kagbeni and Jomsom.
- All possible gears for high altitude traverse.
- Accident insurance for porters and trek staffs during the trek.
- Warm clothing and shoes for porters.
- Domestic airfare – Jomsom to Pokhara
- Ground transportation from Pokhara to Beni as per programme.
- National Park fees (ACAP) and Trekkers registration certificate (document).
- Visa fees
- Airfare and transportation that are not specifically mentioned in the programme.
- Personal warm clothing and sleeping bags
- Personal accident and health insurance.
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned.
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box.
- Expenses due to flight delay and other contingencies.