Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek – 21 Days
Most adventurous and challenging trek.
- Explore the area which lies the 7th highest mountain in the world
- Discover ancient monuments and monasteries
- Italian Base Camp, Classic Base Camp, French Pass (5360m) and Dhampus Pass (5200m) are the significant places.
- Journey into the heart of Dhaulagiri with memorizing views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri
- Enjoy fully supported camping trek
Dhaulagiri I (8167 m) is the 7th highest mountain in the world and was first climbed on 13 May 1960 by a Swiss/Austrian/Nepali expedition. The trek to the base of Dhaulagiri and crossing the pass makes it a very adventurous and challenging trek.
Travel by bus from Kathmandu direct to Beni. The next day follows part of the trail a few days towards Dhorpatan and turns north to the base camp of Dhaulagiri. Low hill with terraced rice field and villages gradually gives away to the rugged mountain landscape. In about 7 days you reach base camp. The traverse from base camp to the ridge is steep and long. Cross the ridge at French pass and descend to Tikuche base camp. Continue to traverse in snow condition until you cross the pass. Because of the wind, altitude and snow, the visibility is usually very low while crossing the main ridge to Tokuche. After crossing the pass you descend to high pastureland for overnight camp. The next day make further steep descend to Tukuche. You are back to civilization as you follow the main trail to Jomsom. Fly out from Jomsom to Pokhara and travel to Kathmandu.
It is one of the best high adventure-trek in Nepal. This trek provides a very close up view of the huge snow peak, a unique experience in the rugged terrain in the company of qualified staffs. You should be prepared to travel in snow condition for an extended period over a week and be prepared for rough weather. Previous trek experience in the mountain is necessary. You should be physically fit. Consider the trek a grade higher than the trek to Makalu base camp.
COST-Private Trip: US$3570 per person
- Trek Cost includes meals, trek guides (sardar), camp staffs- Sherpas, cook. Kitchen staffs and porters to carry personal equipment (15kg), food, camping equipment etc.
- Accommodation in normal standard lodge at Kagbeni and Jomsom.
- All possible gears for high altitude traverse.
- Accident insurance for porters and trek staffs during the trek.
- Warm clothing and shoes for porters.
- Domestic airfare – Jomsom to Pokhara
- Ground transportation from Pokhara to Beni as per programme.
- National Park fees (ACAP) and Trekkers registration certificate (document).
- Visa fees
- Airfare and transportation that are not specifically mentioned in the programme.
- Personal warm clothing and sleeping bags
- Personal accident and health insurance.
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned.
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box.
- Expenses due to flight delay and other contingencies.
3570Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Hard
- Max Altitude : Hidden Valley High Camp. (5,360 m)
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Lodge, Camp
- Trip Days : 21