Escape to Everest – 12 days
This is the best short trek to experience Sherpa culture and high mountain adventure in Everest. The overpowering views of the Himalayan peaks dazzle you
- Walk in the highest valley that leads to the base camp of Mt. Everest
- Panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and entire Himalayan range in Khumbu
- Visit the oldest monastery at Thyangboche
- Breathtaking view of Ama Dablam
- Beautiful view of entire Himalayan range on the flight to and from Lukla
- Visit the heart of Sherpa village. Experience their culture and tradition
- Trek start from Lukla – Namche Bazar – Thyangbche - Dingboche -Retrace the trail back and end trek at Lukla
This is an introductory trek to Everest region. This trek takes you to the land of the Sherpa people. Their villages located deep in the high valleys that lead to Mount Everest. The trek starts at Lukla (2860 m) with an easy walk to Phakding. After Phakding the trail gradually climbs to Jorsale. Then climb the steep but gradual trail to Namche Bazar. Spend two nights in Namche Bazaar (3440 m). The extra days at Namche allow you to acclimatize in the thin air as you go up higher.
The trail from Namche descend to the Dudh Koshi river at Punki Thanka. Then again and climb the steep trail to Thyangbohce (3866 m). The trail from Thyangboche to the summer settlement of Dingboche is quite easy. The trail from the monastery descends to the river and continues to the open valley at Dingboche (4299 m).
The high point in this trek is the majestic view of Mt.Everest. The view of the lofty snow-covered Himalayan peaks in the backdrop of deep blue sky is memorable. The grand upfront view of picturesque Mt. Amadablam is very impressive. The grandeur of nature that you see would be one of the most memorable times in your life. After completion of your journey, you follow the same trail back to Lukla. The trek ends with a flight to Kathmandu.
The itinerary, schedule and program are suggested guideline only. It may change because of logistics, weather, physical condition and other circumstances that are beyond our control. The person and appointment thus explained are subject to ground reality and availability. We will do our utmost to adhere to the above program. Any part of the programme that may require change due to logistic condition and other reason would be made with the consultation and decision of the trip leader.
Flight to and from Lukla is subject to delay due to weather and technical condition. The delay due to weather conditions may continue for several days. Normally a day or two is unavoidable if the weather becomes bad. Though May is not prone to such delay yet it is important to take caution. For this reason, usually, we suggest 2 to 3 night stay in Kathmandu after the trek for treks that involves a flight from the remote airstrip. If the delay continues on for several days the only possibility is to charter helicopter, the cost is very high; it is not covered in the cost.
We advise all participants not to expect a western standard of comfort, lodges have basic but good enough sleeping bed. Using these simple lodgings allows us to offer what for many, is a lifetime dream at an affordable price. For those who wish to have attached bath and toilet facilities, should let us know for special arrangement at extra cost. There are also luxury standard lodges at several places. Check with us.
Trip Cost per person - Private departure (based on group size)
- 2 pax US$ 1205 per person
- 3-5 pax US$ 1150 per person
- 6-9 pax US$ 1099 per person
- 10 + pax US$ 1050 per person
- SGL Supplement: US$ 150
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) and normal standard accommodation in lodges during the trek ( 13 days lodge trek)
- Service of trek guide and Sherpa assistant above 6 persons in a group
- Porters to carry personal baggage (14 kg per person)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Scheduled Airfare: Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- National park entrance permit and trekking permit (TIMS)
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Hotel accommodation using 2-star category in Kathmandu on BB as per program
- Personal warm clothing, down jacket, trekking boots (walking shoes) and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical expense
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
- Use of unscheduled flight, helicopter (sharing US$340 per person) and rescue flights
- Medical and emergency rescue and evacuation expenses
- Expenses due to a flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the program.