Everest Base Camp to Gokyo Lake Trek– 20 days
Challenging and Exciting Trek.
- Majestic view of Mt. Everest and surrounded by lofty Himalayan peaks
- Ascend to Everest Base Camp with our experienced team of guides, crew and porters
- Climb Kala Patthar(5545 m) for unrivaled views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and surrounding peaks
- Cross one of the highest pass Chola pass 95420 m)
- Spectacular view of Gokyo lake
- Acclimatize safely on a well-paced trek
- Experience the wonder of Thyangboche monastery beneath the shadow of Ama Dablam
- Breathtaking mountain flight to Lukla
- Immerse yourself in the Sherpa lifestyle , culture and tradition
You take an early morning flight to Lukla. After a short break trek to Phakding and enter into the home of the Sherpa community perched in the nook and corner of the valleys known as Khumbu. After Phakding the trail gradually climbs to Jorsale and climb the steep but gradual trail to Namche Bazar. Spend two nights in Namche Bazaar. While at Namche Bazar visit the villages at Thame (12,500ft/3811m) and Khumjung. Thame village was the original home of the famous climber Tenzing Norgay who reached the summit of Mt. Everest for the first time in human history with Sir Edmund Hillary. The extra days at Namche allow you to acclimatize in the increasingly thin air as you go up higher. After Namche Bazar, the trail drops down to the Dudh Koshi River. Cross the small hamlet at Punki Thanka and climb the steep trail that becomes gradual as you reach Thayngboche monastery. The trail from Thyangboche to the summer settlement of Dingboche is quite easy. The next day walk down Chukung valley; this is another easy day for acclimatization. Explore the area. There are several high viewpoints to see a panoramic view of the high mountain including the icefall at Amphulapcha. The base camp of Island peak is very close to Chukung village. It is one of the most popular trekking peaks.
There are another two nights at Dingboche (14,100 ft/ 4300 m). This extra day provides sufficient time to acclimatize your body. Lobouje is your second last stop on the way to Kalapattar and the base camp of Mt. Everest. Depending upon weather and your physical condition you stop at Gorakshep for an overnight or go direct to climb Kalapattar to see them close up a stunning view of Mt.Everest. If you are energetic and feel good take time to visit the base camp of Mt. Everest.
The high point in this trek is the majestic view of Mt. Everest and surrounded by lofty Himalayan peaks in the backdrop of deep blue sky. The grandeur of nature that you see would be one of the most memorable in your life. Next in your schedule is to visit Gokyo lake on the other side.
Trek to Gokyo Lake by crossing the high alpine pass at Chola is one of the best challenges in the trek. You cross Cho-la pass (17,777 ft/ 5420 m) and descent steep path to Gokyo Lake. Gokyo Valley has one of the highest settlements in the Himalaya of Nepal. Gokyo Lake itself is a very popular trekking destination. There are series of emerald green lakes along the Ngozumpa Glacier. Take a short hike up to the viewpoint at Gokyo Ri (17,575 ft/ 5357m). The steep climb takes about two hours to reach the summit. Usually, you start early, before dawn, to experience the stunning sunrise view from the summit. The sunrise view of four 26,240 ft/8,000-meter peaks - Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu is mind-blowing. On a clear day, the image of the white snow-covered peaks reflected in the aqua blue water of Gokyo Lakes is awesome. Many trekkers find this a very unique experience. Return back to Namchebazar through Phortse and walk down to Jorasale and follow the trail along Dudh Kosi river to Mongo, Phakding and finally reach Lukla to take a flight to Kathmandu.
COST-Private Trip: Net in US dollar from day 1 to 20 as per program
- 3-5 pax US$ 1965 per person
- 6-9 pax US$ 1480 per person
- 10-15pax US$ 1800 per person
- 16+ pax US$1720 per person
- Single room supplement US$250 per person
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) and normal standard accommodation in lodges during the trek ( 15 days lodge trek)
- Service of trek guide and Sharpa assistant above 6 persons in a group
- Porters to carry personal baggage (14 kg per person)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Scheduled Airfare: Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- National park entrance permit and trekking permit (TIMS)
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Sightseeing according to the program
- Hotel accommodation using 3 star category in Kathmandu on BB as per program ( 5 nights double sharing)
- Personal warm clothing, down jacket, boots (walking shoes) and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical expense
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
- Use of unscheduled flight, helicopter (sharing US$340 per person) and rescue flights
- Medical and emergency rescue and evacuation expenses
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the program.
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Any other services that are not specifically mentioned in the program
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
US$ 1965Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Hard
- Max Altitude : 5445 m at Kalapatthat
- Best Time : Spring (March - April)
- Mode of Trip : Fly / Lodge Trek