Everest Base Camp Trek – 18 days
Best trek to the base camp of Mt. Everest.
- Ascend to Everest Base Camp with our experienced team of guides, crew and porters
- Climb Kala Patthar(5545 m) for unrivaled views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and surrounding peaks
- Acclimatize safely on a well-paced trek
- Experience the wonder of Thyangboche monastery beneath the shadow of Ama Dablam
- Breathtaking mountain flight to Lukla
- Immerse yourself in the Sherpa lifestyle , culture and tradition
You take an early morning flight to Lukla. After a short break trek to Phakding and enter into the home of the Sherpa community perched in the nook and corner of the valleys known as Khumbu. After Phakding the trail gradually climbs to Jorsale and climb the steep but gradual trail to Namche Bazar. Spend two nights in Namche Bazaar. While at Namche Bazar visit the villages at Thame (12,500ft/3811m) and Khumjung. Thame village was the original home of the famous climber Tenzing Norgay who reached the summit of Mt. Everest for the first time in human history with Sir Edmund Hillary. The extra days at Namche allow you to acclimatize in the increasingly thin air as you go up higher. After Namche Bazar, the trail drops down to the Dudh Koshi River. Cross the small hamlet at Punki Thanka and climb the steep trail that becomes gradual as you reach Thayngboche monastery. The trail from Thyangboche to the summer settlement of Dingboche is quite easy. The next day walk down Chukung valley; this is another easy day for acclimatization. Explore the area. There are several high viewpoints to see a panoramic view of the high mountain including the icefall at Amphulapcha. The base camp of Island peak is very close to Chukung village. It is one of the most popular trekking peaks.
There are another two nights at Dingboche (14,100 ft/ 4300 m). This extra day provides sufficient time to acclimatize your body. Lobouje is your second last stop on the way to Kalapattar and the base camp of Mt. Everest. Depending upon weather and your physical condition you stop at Gorakshep (17,344 ft/5,288 m) for an overnight stay or go direct to climb Kalapattar (18,187 ft/ 5288m) to see them close up a stunning view of Mt.Everest. If you are energetic and feel good take the time to visit the base camp of Mt. Everest.
The high point in this trek is the majestic view of Mt.Everest and surrounding lofty Himalayan peaks in the backdrop of deep blue sky. The grandeur of nature that you see would be one of the most memorable times in your life. After completion of your journey, you follow the same trail back to Lukla. The trek ends with a flight to Kathmandu.
If you want to prepare for your dream holiday in Nepal especially this Everest Base camp trek, here is the link that gives you preparation and equipment and clothing list, please click Pre-trek information
This is the trip review from our clients who were 30 people from United Kingdom.
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in US$
- 1 pax US$ 1900
- 2 pax US$ 1599
- 3-5 pax US$ 1520
- 6-9 pax US$ 1485
- 10-15pax US$ 1440
- SGL Supp: US$ 150
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) and normal standard accommodation in lodges during the trek ( 13 days lodge trek)
- Service of trek guide and Sherpa assistant above 6 persons in a group
- Porters to carry personal baggage (14 kg per person)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Scheduled Airfare: Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- National park entrance permit and trekking permit (TIMS)
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Sightseeing according to the program
- Hotel accommodation using 2 star category in Kathmandu on BB as per program ( 5 nights double sharing)
- Personal warm clothing, down jacket, boots (walking shoes) and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical expense
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
- Use of unscheduled flight, helicopter (sharing US$340 per person) and rescue flights
- Medical and emergency rescue and evacuation expenses
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the program.
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Any other services that are not specifically mentioned in the program
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
$ 1520Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : 5545 meters
- Best Time : Spring (March - May) and Autumn (September - November)
- Mode of Trip : Fly - Lodge trek
- Tour Begins at : Lukla
- Trip Days : 18 days
- Trek Duration : 12 days