Ghalegaun Home Stay – 4 days
Ghale gaun is the largest Gurung villages in the area.
- Spectacular and awesome view of Himalayas
- Enjoy hospitality of Gurung of Ghale and Bhujung gaun
- Easy walk to a nearby village and view points
- Familiarize with village life and participate in village activities
- You get to experience the wonderful culture, nature and pristine environment
- Enjoy local meals – organic vegetables, dhal - bhat with local chicken curry and
- Route: Drive to Dumre – Besisahar / Ghalegaun – Visit Bhujung village - Besisahar / Dumre - Drive to Kathmandu
Ghale gaunis situated at the altitude of 1700 meter at the foot of Lamjung Himal (aerial distance -26km). It is one of the largest Gurung villages around the area. From Besisahar, the high road to the starting point of Annapurna round trek, it is about an hour uphill drive through the mountain road. You get to see the beautiful view of the western Himalayan range. The most prominent peaks are Machhapucchre (6,693m), Annapurna I (8,091m), Annapurna II (7,939m), Annapurna IV (7,525m), Lumjung Himal, Boudha Himal (6,974m), and Himalchuli (6,747m). Goats and sheep herding is their main occupation beside agriculture. They use wools from these animals to make woollen goods like clothes, bags and carpets for their own use. The forest products like nettle fibre (allo-cloth) are used for making scarf, towels and shawls. They are skilled in producing bamboo goods. Apart from agriculture, their young lads are one of the main sources of Gurkha soldiers of Nepalis, Indian, and British armies. The famous Victoria Cross decorated soldier Jamdar Gaje Ghale (01 August 1918 – 28 March 2000) was from the same community. Though he is Ghale, a lineage of Gurung, he was born in Barpak in Gorkha. Ghale is a prominent lineage of Gurung. Gaje Ghale represented the best example of bravery. His dauntless courage and superb leadership and unflagging loyalty are the hallmarks of well known Gurkhas soldiers anywhere in the world. Gurkha soldiers, irrespective of anywhere, take pride in their valour.
Cost of the trip:
- NPRs 18,500 per person. We need 6 person to run the trip.
- Join In Fixed Departure cost NPRs 19,000 per person
- Accommodation based on double occupancy
- Ground transportation to start and from end point of tour
- Accommodation – home stay (double occupancy)
- Meals - Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner by the village host
- Tour guide and camp assistant based on group size
- Village tours and activities
Mustang Mountain Biking Tour
Nepal Mustang Mountain Biking for adventure seekers- A Thrilling Experience Nep
Treasure of Taplejung
Taplejung is a far-flung district located in the eastern development region of t