Ghorepani Poonhill Trek – 5 days
Most popular high altitude short trek. It provides the best experience of the high Himalaya. You are in the amphitheater made by the surrounding Annapurna Himalayan range.
- The Best and most popular short trek from Pokhara
- 180 Degree view of Dhaulagiri range and Annapurna from Poon hill
- Explore Annapurna conservation area and extensive rhododendron forests
- Visit of popular Gurung villages - Ghandrung
- Enjoy a fully supported trek with plenty of cultural interaction
Ghorepani is one of the best and popular treks in the vicinity of Pokhara. It is the favourite destination of the Annapurna foothill trek and commonly known as the Poonhill trek. The flora and fauna combining the view of the majestic Himalayan range are so spectacular. You will reach Poonhill the highest point of 3200m which is the view tower. This short trek is a must-do activity while you are in Pokhara.
Ghorepani used to be the main pass through which traders with Mules from Mustang and Tibet used to pass through to reach Pokhara in the early days. Early morning sunrise over Dhaulagiri and Annapurna from Poonhill is very famous. The panoramic view of Annapurna range on the way to Ghandrung village is unforgettable. The other highlight of the trek is Ghandrung itself. This is a large Gurung village from where many Gurkhas are recruited as soldiers in the British and Indian army. The village is situated above Modi Khola (river) at an elevation of 1951 meter. It is one of the best-known villages in the foothill of Annapurna. The village has an office of Annapurna Conservation. The panoramic view of Annapurna dominates the entire skyline almost throughout the trek. Lodge and teahouse along the trail make this trip affordable and easily accessible.
The trail from Birenthati gradually climbs to Tirkhedhunga. After an overnight at Tirkhedhunga, you climb the steep trail to Ulleri. Continue to ascend the trail through thick oak and rhododendron forests till you reach Ghorepani. The camp is further on the ridge. The next day, climb slightly up the ridge and then descend steeply on a narrow trail through rhododendron forest to Banthati and another up and downhill walk to Tadapani. Then descend gradually to Ghandrung. The trail from Ghandrung makes steep descend to Modi Khola (river) and gradually descend to Birenthati, the beginning point f the trek.
COST-Privat Trip: Net per person in USD
- 1 pax: US$480 per person
- 2 pax: US$430 per person
- 3-5 pax: US$380 per person
- 6-9 pax: US$365 per person
- 10-15 pax US$325 per person
- All meals and accommodation in lodge/tea house during the trek
- Service of trek guide
- Porters to carry personal baggage each 15 kg.)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Annapurna Conservation entry permit (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Private transfer to trek start/end point from Pokhara Hotel
- Personal clothing and sleeping bag
- Airfare and transportation to and from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Hotel accommodation, sightseeing and meals in Katmandu and Pokhara
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
USD 325Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : 3200 m
- Best Time : Spring (March - May) and Autumn (September - November)
- Trip Days : 5 days