Helambu Trek – 5 days
A quick escape to the wilderness.
Helambu is the closest region to the north of Kathmandu. This is one of the best short trek and a quick escape to the wilderness for tourist who doesn't have enough time in Nepal. The region is inhabited by an indigenous people called Hyolmo. It provides a typical glimpse of life in the village of Nepal.
The Tamang and Sherpa villages of Helambu in the north of Kathmandu valley presents an easy getaway. This area because of its low elevation and the Sherpa villages make it an interesting 6-day loop. Starting with a short drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal the trail to Helambu climbs on to the Shivapuri ridge from where there are sweeping views of the central Himalayas. Following a ridge-line, the trek heads north to Thare Pati before turning east to Melamchi Gaon and Tarke Gyang the principle villages of this area. From here we visit Shermathang before descending to the Melamchi river to end our trek with a drive Melamchi Bazaar back to Kathmandu.
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in US$
- 1 pax: US$470 per person
- 2 pax: US$440 per person
- 3-5 pax: US$410 per person
- 6-9 pax: US$375 per person
- 10-15 pax: US$330 per person
- All meals and accommodation in lodge/tea house during the trek
- Service of trek guide
- Porters to carry personal baggage each 15 kg.)
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Annapurna Conservation entry permit (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Private transfer to trek start/end point from Pokhara Hotel
- Personal clothing and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Hotel accommodation, sightseeing and meals in Katmandu
*Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date