Hike – Bike – Raft and Safari Tour in Nepal – 19 days
- This program is a combination of all popular adventure activities. It includes 5 days walk in the mountain, 3-day mountain bike, 2-day white water raft and 3-day jungle safari, plus 2 full day sightseeing cultural tour of Kathmandu valley.
- Raft on the Trisuli river with excellent rapids
- Savour beautiful sunrise and sunset view over the horizon
- Enjoy a fully supported trek to Helambu a beautiful valley of Tamang and Sherpa community
- Immerse yourself in Nepali way of life
- Visit the subtropical Inner Terai lowlands of a jungle safari
In this multi-activity tour programme we take you on the trek in the Helambu region; it is the closest area to the Himalayan range that offer spectacular mountain views, monasteries and ethnic culture. The trek ends at Melamchi. We then drive to Dhulikhel for an overnight stay in a nice resort that overlooks the beautiful Panchkhal valley. After Dhulikhel, we take a mountain bike and travel in the eastern rim of Kathmandu valley passing through many villages, historical monuments and cross 2010 meter high Lakhure Bhanjyang (pass) to Godavari where there is a botanical garden. Stay overnight at the resort and then drive to Trishuli river to take thrilling white water rafting to Chitwan where we spend 3 days in jungle activities including a ride on elephant back if one wishes to. This is a wonderful way to see Nepal away from the city centre and in the pristine nature endowed by God.
Nowadays travellers have become more subjective in riding an elephant as the World Animal Rights Organisation stating as animal cruelty. Banning elephant ride in Nepal cannot be done, as they too require tourist to support their huge appetite. Moreover Nepali, Indian and Chinese tourists still take part in elephant safaris.
Helambu region is located about 72 km northeast of Kathmandu. It is the closest area to Kathmandu to see the beautiful and scenic grandeur of the Himalayas. The elevation you reach is not high. You can get to see a panoramic view of the beautiful mountain range and visit several Buddhist monasteries just in a few days walk. Helambu has an enchanting landscape and rich culture. Major ethnic groups are Tamang and Sherpa. The Sherpa of Helambu has their distinct language and tradition, which are different from Everest (Khumbu) region. Inhabitants of upper Helambu, Melamchi and Tarkeghyang, are pretty well off. Their monasteries are nicely decorated.
The trek starts at Sundarijal. You walk several up and down the path through the low mountain pass, meadow, oak and rhododendron forest. Before returning back you visit Tarkeghyang (2560m) which has a large Sherpa village. Tarkeghyang has an impressive Buddhist monastery. You come across several Sherpa and Tamang settlements as you travel to Malemchii situated on the Indrawati river. You travel to Dhulikhel through Panchkhal valley. Stay overnight at Dhulikhel at a nice resort that overlooks the vast valley beyond.
After an overnight at Dhulikhel, you will take a mountain bike ride to Namo Buddha that is situated on a hilltop. You climb gradually to the top and then make a steep descent to Panauti. Panauti is a small town located at a corner of the edge of the rim. After Panauti you climb to a pass Lakhure Bhanjyang and then descent to Sisneri. As you bike all the way from Namo Buddha to Sisneri you will be seeing a panoramic view of the Himalayan range while going through pristine nature. You travel through an old trail used by people before the high way is built. On the last day of the biking tour, you pass through several villages en-route to Godavari. Take a break at Godavari resort. The resort has a calm and relaxed atmosphere.
After a rest day you travel to the raft put-in point at Chauradi on Trishuli river. There are several exciting sections of white water on the first day. Depending upon water level the river guide gradually and safely negotiates the rapids to Mugling. At Mugling the waiting transport takes you to Chitwan Jungle for a safari adventure. The jungle camp staffs prepare your activity according to season. The activities include elephant safari, dugout canoe ride in Rapti river and village tour. You enjoy jungle safari on elephant back and jeep. Take a river ride in a dugout canoe to see endangered species of crocodiles and a visit to a Tharu village.
The schedule stops shown above are a guideline only. It may change due to weather and other logistic condition. The standard of accommodation in local lodges and meals during trek and bike varies from place to place. The tracks and trails are in proximity to many road heads and telephone connections. In an emergency situation, it is always possible to contact us for help at any time. The road and track condition for mountain bike is not always similar. In some places, there are pitched road and in most places, the track condition is narrow, unpaved and dusty. The tracks and walking trails are commonly used by local people in their day to day work and communication. The duration of a day rafting trip is about 4 to 5 hours depending upon the condition of the water level. Avon brand of heavy-duty rubber raft is used for rafting that includes normal safety gears. The average walking hour is 6 to 7 hours beside lunch break.
Private Trip Cost: Per Person Net in US$
- 2 person $1340
- 3 to 5 person $1250
- 6 to 9 person $1170
- 10 to 15 person $1120
- Single Supplement $520
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Dhulikhel on BB
- Airport transfer and sightseeing tour with English speaking guide.
- 3-day mountain bike tour, 5 day trek, 2 day river rafting, and 3 days jungle safari.
- All meals and accommodation using lodge with simple room and bed during trek and mountain bike. For trek sherpa guide and porters are provided. For mountain bike an English speaking guide, mountain bike and its accessories are provided.
- All meals, accommodation in lodge and jungle activities in jungle safari in Chitwan.
- All ground transportation as described in the programme.
- Park fees and taxes as required.
- Visa fees, airfare
- Personal equipment and warm clothing, sleeping bag
- Expenses of personal nature like alcoholic and bottled beverage, hot shower, laundry and tips
- Any other services that are not specifically mentioned in the cost
Winter Treks In Nepal- Top 8 Places
Winter trekking in Nepal may take a bit more planning, but the beautiful scenery
Mustang Mountain Biking Tour
Nepal Mustang Mountain Biking for adventure seekers- A Thrilling Experience Nep