Kailash and Mansarover (via Nepal’s Simikot) – 18 days
Journey to the heartland of Tibet’s ancient civilization.
- Visit the exquisite lake Mansorover and the holy Mt. Kailash
- Spectacular flight to Nepalgunj and Simikot
- Journey to the heartland of Tibet’s ancient civilization rarely visited by many tourists
- Normal sightseeing place like Potala Palace and monasteries around Lhasa
- You can see the insight into this mysterious land.
- Scenic drive to the roof of the world
We fly to Nepaljung and stay overnight at Nepaljung. The next day early in the morning we take a scheduled flight to Simikot, a remote airstrip in the Humla district of Nepal. From Simikot we walk 6 days to the border and cross the Tibet border to Khojarnath and Sera. Dive to Taklakot (Purang for Nepalese). Drive further to Mansarover (4558m), a holy lake. We walk around Mt. Kailash and then descend to Darchen. Travel onward on the northern highway to Donga and descend to Kiyrung country and to Kerung. Cross the Kerung bridge and drive to Kathmandu. Despite its barren and dry features the lake and the mountain have a magnetic influence on devotees and visitors alike. Your journey to Mt. Kailash would be a rewarding and unforgettable experience.
Mt. Kailas is a mysterious mountain for travellers. But for Buddhist, Hindus and Bonpo faithful it is the abode of God Shiva; it is their sacred land. Kailas peak and Mansarover Lake are situated at 4500 meters above sea level; it is at the highest elevation on the Tibetan plateau. It is the source of holy rivers of south Asia like Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra and Karnali. Despite its barren and dry features the lake and the mountain have a magnetic influence on devotees and visitors alike. The journey starts from Simikot, travel to Yari, cross a high pass at Narala and descend to Humla Karnali River to reach the border village of Hilsa and Khojarnath.
Drive to the region's trading centre at Taklakot (Purang). Green and wet monsoon weather changes to dry, cold and sunshine at the plateau. The sky is deep blue with scattered cloud. From Taklakot drive to Mansarover Lake and onward to Darchen. Walk around Mt. Kailas. Drive to Kyirong - Nepal's Kerung border and then to Kathmandu.
Tour begins and ends at Kathmandu
The itinerary and schedule as shown are guidelines only. It is subject to change due to logistic, local, technical, weather and other condition beyond our control. Flights to remote mountain airstrip like Simikot are subject to weather and technical condition. In such a situation Kailash Himalaya Trek and its agent / representative reserve the right to alter (lengthen or shorten) any programme when necessary. Any cost resulting from such change must be borne by the members.Accommodation:
During the journey guest house and camping (two-person tent with mattress) are provided. The guest houses can be categorized as simple to the middle class with or without attached bathroom and hot-water.Best time visit:
Best time to travel is in summer and autumn - from March to October. Overland journey is best from early May to the middle of October. This is because of the snow condition in a high Himalayan pass in winter and late spring. During the monsoon season (July to August) heavy rain can often disrupt the road to the Kerung border.
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in US$
- 2 pax: US$4290
- 3-5 Pax: US$3600
- 6-9 Pax: US$2950
- 10-15 Pax: US$2640
- SGL Suppliment: US$ 265
- All airport transfs
- All meals, Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj, Home stay during trek , guest house accommodaion in Tibet
- Land transfers as per itinerary by Van or Mini bus in Tibet
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Porters or yak to carry personal baggage (each 15 kgs),
- Tibet travel permit, trek permit
- accident insurance for staffs and porters, cost (surcharge) for sending and bringing staffs and porters.
- Domestic flight as per programme
- Pickup from Kyirong to Kathmandu by Van or Coach
- Nepal and China/Tibet Visa fees,
- personal clothing and equipments, sleeping bags,
- Single supplement, International airfare, excess baggage,
- personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost,
- medical box, bottled beverages, laundry, tips,
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date.
$ 2950Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Streneous
- Max Altitude : 5700 m.
- Best Time : May June, July, August, September
- Mode of Trip : Fly-Drive-Hotel-Lodge-Camp
- Tour Begins at : Lhasa
- Tour Ends at : Kerung
- Trip Days : 18 days