Kali Gandaki Rafting – 3 days
A deservedly popular and medium length of river trip is combining exhilarating white water with fine scenery. One of the famous names of Himalayan Rivers, The Kali Gandaki raises in Mustang an enclave of Nepal making way into Tibet on the other side of the Himalayas here; it is a flat and braided river, flowing in an arid open valley. As it tumbles down between the majestic Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges, it creates one of the world's deepest gorges. The explorer Michael Peissel ran this stretch of the river in a small hovercraft in 1973 and at least two other groups have rafted and kayaked in this section.
All day you have to continuous keeping paddlers busy against all technical rapids on the Kali Gandaki River. Both experienced and novice rafters love this. Nowhere else is it possible to find such diversity on a 3 day raft trip. Nice drops, sparkling chutes and turbulent rapids provide class III to IV+ runs during the fall and spring seasons.
After your exhilarating white water trip you have options either to drive or fly back to Kathmandu or to visit the Royal Chitwan National Park or again you can go for the trekking trip in the popular area of Annapurna region for few days.Private Departure: Anytime upon request
- swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)
Pre-departure meeting in Pokhara office the night before to answer any questions with your team. You will be told where to meet for departure
2 person: US$ 390 Per Person
3-5 person: US$ 355 per person
6-9 person: US$ 305 Per Person
10-15 person: US$ 275 per person
*Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
- Ground Transportation (From and After).
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip. River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
- Safety Kayak.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership.
- First aid kid box.
Cost does not include:
- Personal nature expenses like Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic, beverages during the trip
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu and during the trip
- Emergency evacuation and personal health and accident insurance
- Airfare after the trip (available upon request)
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag
USD 355 per personPer Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : 1400 m
- Best Time : March, April , May , Oct , Nov.
- Trip Days : 3 days