Kathmandu Heritage Tour – 9 days
Provides insight into the rich cultural heritage of Nepal.
- Experience rich centuries-old cultural heritage of Nepal
- Enjoy sightseeing to the most prominent UNESCO heritage sites of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Syambhunath, Boudhanath, Patan and Bhaktapur
- Emerse and learn about Nepali culture and lifestyle
- Enjoy lush green nature and beautiful sunrise at Nagarkot
- Excursion to an old medieval Newari village at Bungamati
- Visit the most popular tourist spot"Pokhara" and enjoy the lakeside and the magnificent Macchapuccharre(Fishtail)mountain
- Experience 35 mins breathtaking flight to Kathmandu
This tour includes three full days in the city centre of Kathmandu valley that provides insight into the rich cultural heritage of Nepal that includes Nepalese culture, lifestyle, art, and architecture date back to centuries. Besides the regular sightseeing tours of temples and Gods, the tours allow you to understand and feel more about the culture of Nepal. It is indeed true this is the very reason why the valley is on the heritage list of UNESCO. Many people find the Kathmandu valley as an open museum. Besides the regular places, we take you to Kritipur, Bungamati, and Khokana. These places where culture is very much traditional are less frequently visited by tourists.
Pokhara is the next popular tourist destination after Kathmandu. The serene lakes and the close-up view of the majestic Himalayan peaks are simply wonderful. The Pokhara valley lies in Nepal Midland. In the south is Mahabharat-Lekh and to the north is a high Himalayan range. It covers an area of about 125 square kilometres. It lies equidistant (170 km) between Tibet to the north and India in the south. Pokhara derived its name from the word "pokhari" meaning lake and is dominated by Machapuchere Himal (6997m) - the "Fishtail" shaped peak and the giant Annapurna Range. We stay overnight in Pokhara before the trek.
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, we take you to see the cultural heritages of Kathmandu valley listed by UNESCO in its World heritage list. Durbar squares of Kathmandu, Patan, and Bhaktapur, Stupas of Swambhunath and Boudhanath, and the Hindu temple of Pashupatinath and Changu Narayan are all located within Kathmandu valley in the city centres except Changu Narayan. You will find Kathmandu an open museum. Most of the buildings are made of wood engraved with meticulous design with metal doors and roofs. These monuments are central to many festivals that happen here throughout the year. It is best to visit during the festival time. After the tour of Kathmandu, you would be thrilled to find rich culture, lifestyle and art, and architecture that date back to centuries still thriving. After going through many temples, images of Gods, and architecture that are part of the heritage we take you to Nagarkot (2195 m) to see sunrise view over the Himalayan range including Mt. Everest. We enjoy the mountain and its cool, fresh air. Nagarkot is situated on the northeastern rim high above the valley. Our next destination is Pokhara. It is famous for its serene lakes and closes up view of the Annapurna and Machhapuchare Himal. We spend two nights in and around Pokhara taking an easy walk on the ridge near Phewa lakes and a boat ride from the foot of Sarankot to your hotel. You get to see mountain villages, meet villagers and get a close-up view of Machapuchare peak and the whole range of Annapurna Himal. We fly back to Kathmandu, stay overnight before flying home.
Note:The schedule as shown are a guideline only. It may change due to logistic reason and other condition like weather, etc. that are beyond our control. All flights are in the early morning. In winter the thick fog in Kathmandu airport in the morning may delay subsequent flights to and from other destinations. There is no refund for unused service whatsoever be the reason after the trip has begun.
COST-Private Trip: Net Cost per person in US$
- 1 pax: US$ 895
- 2 pax: US$ 625
- 3-5 pax: US$ 655
- 6-9 pax: US$ 495
- 10-15 pax: US$ 450
- Single Supplement US$ 130
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB using 2* or Similar both in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Sightseeing tour and excursion with English speaking tour guide using air condition transport as described in the program
- All airport transfers (AC)
- Visa , Airfare
- Sightseeing entrance fee in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Emergency evacuation, Personal accident and health insurance
- Expenses of personal nature like alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry and tips
- Expenses due to flight delay, road disruption etc. and any other services that are not specifically mentioned
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
Winter Treks In Nepal- Top 8 Places
Winter trekking in Nepal may take a bit more planning, but the beautiful scenery
Mustang Mountain Biking Tour
Nepal Mustang Mountain Biking for adventure seekers- A Thrilling Experience Nep