- Mountain Biking
- Kathmandu Valley Rim Mountain...
Kathmandu Valley Rim Mountain Bike Tour – 12 Days
This tour is for enthusiastic mountain bikers that gives an introduction to mountain biking experience in Nepal.
- Enjoy a fully supported mountain bike ride along the rim of Kathmandu valley
- Enjoy a full day sightseeing cultural tour of Kathmandu valley.
- Ride along the beautiful valley and villages on pitch and off-road sections
- Experience and Immerse yourself in Nepali way of life
- Savour beautiful sunrise and sunset view over the horizon
This tour is for enthusiastic mountain bikers that gives an introduction to mountain biking experience in Nepal. Instead of trek we take mountain bike to the north and eastern rim of Kathmandu valley. Our journey starts at Kakani and travel through Shivapuri danda (hill) at the elevation of 2500 meter, Chisopani and to Nagarkot in the first leg of our biking.
The second leg continues on to Dhulikhel, Panauti and over Lakuri Bhanjyang (pass) and down to Godavari via Bishanku Narayan temple. Kathmandu valley and its rim is a natural treasure. In your travel, you come across villages, forests, historical monuments, and high pass. It is always possible to encounter a marriage ceremony or procession and other cultural activities. The view of the Himalayan range throughout the journey is mind-blowing. You are never far away yet you travel in the midst of nature. For 8 days you would be on the mountain bike on the mountain trail occasionally stopping to look around and enjoy the tour that only a few are fortunate to savour the way you do.
There are endless opportunities for mountain biking in Kathmandu Valley. You can do a day trip to any number of days depending upon the places of interests and viewpoints. The road and track condition is not always similar. In some places, there are pitched road and in most places, the track condition is narrow, unpaved and dusty. The tracks are commonly used by local people in their day to day work and communication.
Mountain biking in the Kathmandu valley gives you accesses to many places that are rarely visited by a tourist on a normal tour. You get to see local culture and festivals from a close distance. Of course, the panoramic view of the Himalayan range in spring, autumn and winter season are super. You have the advantage of the speed and freedom to stop and look around. It is an exciting experience of mountain biking in different condition than at home.
The road and track condition for mountain bike is not always similar. In some places, there are pitched road and in other places, the track condition is narrow, unpaved and dusty. The tracks and walking trails are commonly used by local people in their day to day work and communication.
The schedule stops shown above are a guideline only. It may change due to weather and other logistic condition. Best available and comfortable accommodations are chosen for overnight stay. The standard varies from place to place depending upon the remoteness of the tour. The tracks and trails are in proximity to many road heads and telephone connection. In an emergency situation, it is always possible to contact our office or helicopter for rescue and help at any time.
Optional: You may add optional programs like a day white water river rafting in Trishuli river, 2 night/ 3 days Jungle Safari in Chitwan. Or 2 nights stay in Pokhara.
Private Trip Cost: Per Person Net in US$
- 2 person $1390
- 3 to 5 person $1030
- 6 to 9 person $990
- 10 to 15 person $840
- Single Supplement $95
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Dhulikhel on (BB) 2 star
- Airport transfer and sightseeing tour with English speaking tour guide
- Eight day mountain bike tour in and around Kathmandu
- All meals and accommodation using lodge with simple room and bed during mountain bike tour
- Mountain bike and its accessories are provided
- A professional mountain bike guide accompany members during biking
- Visa fees, airfare and sightseeing entrance fees
- Transportation that are not specifically mentioned in the program
- Personal equipment and warm clothing, sleeping bag
- Emergency evacuation and rescue cost
- Expenses of personal nature like alcoholic and bottled beverage, hot shower, laundry and tips
- Any other services that are not specifically mentioned in the cost
Treasure of Taplejung
Taplejung is a far-flung district located in the eastern development region of t
Damodar Kund Tour by Helicopter – 7 days
Damodar Kund is a popular tourist destination in in Upper Mustang area of Nepal.