Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
You will visit: Kathmandu, Koshi Tappu National Park
Tour type: Group
Wildlife: Wild Buffalo, several species of endangered birds including Bengal florican, reptiles, hog deer, wild boar, spotted deer, gharial, gaur, pangolin, gangetic dolphin, monitor lizard , phython, chital, barking deer, sloth bear, langur, rhesus monkeys, etc.
Viewing by: Game viewer, canoe, 4x4 vehicle
Getting around: 4x4 transfer vehicles
Trip Mode: Flight (40 min) / Drive ( 8-9 hr)
Arrive/Depart: Fly in/out Kathmandu/ The nearest airport to Koshi Tappu is Bharatpur ( 1 hour drive)
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is situated in the east and west bank of the Sapta Koshi river in flood plains of eastern Nepal. The area of this park is 175 sq. kilometers and is famous for near extinct wild buffalo (Bubalus arnee or Arna in Nepali).
The Reserve is a heaven for bird watchers. The park has degraded grassland, riverine forest, and wetland providing sanctuary for more than 580 species of birds, ibises, many storks, egrets, herons and endangered swamp partridge and bangal florican. The barrage on Kosi-river has been extremely valuable as resting-place for migratory bird. Its record shows many species of birds that are not sighted in other part of Nepal are found here. Kosi Tappu is best known for bird watching in Nepal. Gharial(Aligator), crocodiles and Gangetic dolphin have been sighted in the river. The unique backdrop of the Eastern Himalaya, makes it a beautiful attraction for the wildlife lovers and the tourist.
- US$ 1075 per person
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu 2 star
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Full board –breakfast, lunch and dinner in the camp at Royal Bardia National Park with Jungle
- All taxes
- Personal clothing, sleeping bag etc.
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box.
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Short & Long Sleeve Shirts - Long sleeved is for protection from the sun and insects in the evenings.
- Shorts & Trousers - again, long trousers can protect from the sun & insects
- Swim wear for on the river
- Shoes - Comfortable trainers/shoes and a pair of sandals. You will need some type of hiking or safari boot if you plan on any walking safaris.
- Binoculars Camera
- Personal first-aid kit and wash kit
- Guidebooks, maps, etc
- Water bottle
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Oct/March (average temp. 25 degrees)
- April to June - Hot above 40 degrees
- July to Sept: Rainy