Langtang and Ganjala Pass Trek – 16 Days
An Adventurous and challenging trek
- An Adventurous and challenging trek
- Stunning views of Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Yala Peak along with other mountain ranges
- Cross Ganjala Pass (5130 m)
- Enjoy a fully supported trek with plenty of cultural interaction
- Ancient old customs and impressive Buddhist monuments.
- Yak Cheese factories, Religious monasteries, Yolmo Culture
- Wildlife and diverse flora and fauna
Langtang and Ganjala pass (5130 m) trek is considered one of the most difficult and challenging passes a trekker would overcome and enjoy once in a lifetime. This trek encompasses a beautiful valley of Langtang with the sheer dominance of Langtang Lirung (7246m), the highest peak in the area. The valley is surrounded by many beautiful peaks and glaciers and is the closest proximity National park from Kathmandu. Langtang valley opens out beyond Ghora Tabela. The valley is full of beautiful camping sites and you will come across Tamang settlements, ancient culture and religious lifestyle. From Langtang village, the trail continues to Kyangjin Gompa (3749 m). This is the site of the Yala Cheese Factory started in 1955 by the Swiss Association for Technical Assistance. Visits to the Yala Cheese Factory ( 4,633 m) and the small lakes beyond are worthwhile. Yala can be reached within half a day from Kyanjon Gompa.
The most daring and important part of the trek is the pass the very pass of Ganjala. The last few 100m trails are precarious, as the small trail becomes narrower and uneven ledges. This will require us to use a rope for safety, though utmost care is enough. The descent from the pass is on a steep slope for over 1 km which too requires good care and attention. When you are over with this then the rest of the trail is easy and comfortable.
This is a Semi Camping Trip - the first part up to Kyanji Gompa we use lodges and after Kyanjo Gompa until Melamchi, we will be staying intent, and using services of cooks and kitchen staff. If a member wants to stay at lodges after the pass at Tarkhegyang or Melamchi it can be done.
The itinerary and schedule as shown are guidelines only. It is subject to change due to logistic, local, technical, weather and other condition beyond our control. In such a situation Kailash Himalaya Trek and its agent / representative reserve the right to alter (lengthen or shorten) any program when necessary. Any cost resulting from such change must be borne by the members.
Cost-Private Trip: Nett cost per person in US$
- US$ 1900 per person
- All arrival and departure transfers
- Hotel accommodation in 2* facility in Thamel
- All meals and accommodation in lodge and tent during the trek
- Food, cooking utensils and all camping equipment
- Service of trek guide, cook, kitchen and Sherpa assistant
- Porters to carry member baggage (each 15 kg, food and camping equipment
- Warm clothing, shoes, blankets and dark goggles for high altitude porters as required
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Private reserved bus to trek start/endpoint
- National park and Tims permit
- Personal clothing and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Sightseeing and major meals in Kathmandu]
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the program
- Expenses due to the flight delay, sickness other contingencies
*Government fees and airfares are subject to change without prior notice
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
US$ 1900Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Streaneous
- Max Altitude : 5130 meters
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Lodge / Camp
- Trip Days : 16 days
- Trek Duration : 11 days