Lhasa and Namtso Lake Tour – 6 days
Classic tour to visit Lhasa and the holy lake Namtso.
- Journey over the Tibetan Plateau to Rongphu Monastery and Everest Base Camp
- Glaciers, ancient monasteries, holy lakes, rare wild animals, big mountain ranges, lovely traditional villages en route to Lhasa.
- Absorb the dramatic views of the north face of Everest
- Explore Lhasa and visit Potala place, former home of Dalai Lama
- Delve into the rich cultural traditions of Tibet
This is the Classic tour to visit Lhasa and the holy lake Namtso. Namtso or Lake Nam is a mountain lake on the border between Damxung County of Lhasa prefecture-level city and Baingoin County of Nagqu Prefecture in Tibet, if you are not used to the high altitude then this is one of the best tours that covers the all the main tourist sites in Lhasa like Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkor street, Drepung and sera monastery. The heavenly lake is the second largest alpine saline lake in Tibet with an altitude of 4,718 meters above sea level. Its surrealistic beauty will take your breath away in no time.NAMTSO LAKE
Located at the altitude of 4718M, Northern Nakchu region in Tibet, around 240Km one way from Lhasa, with the driving of around 4-5 hours, there is one of the most beautiful holy lakes in Tibet, Namtso Lake, which is the largest salt lake in the Tibet Autonomous Region.
Namtso lake is known as one of the most beautiful places located in the Nangchen Tangla Range, surrounded by white snow mountains and grassland where Nomads will camp in the summer with groups of Yaks.
Namtso lake is also a very important meditation area in the late 11th Century, were in the stories of Jetsun Milarepa's female Disciple Rechungma used to meditation and later many other great Yogis.
Nowadays Namtso lake is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Tibet, every day many travelers will travel to Namtso lake. Namtso lake is also known as one of the best places to witness the sunrise, sunset and most importantly stars in the night.
Accommodation at Namtso lake is very basic, no private bathroom and no shower since it is not allowed to built mud or brick house at Namtso Lake, which is a good thing so these sacred places will remain beautiful and natural.
Tour begins and ends at Lhasa
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in USD
- 2 pax US$1090
- 3-5 pax US$ 900
- 6-9 pax US$ 720
- 10-15 pax US$ 615
- Single room supplement: US$175
- Hotel Accommodation on twin sharing basis using 3 star Hotel like Hotel Dhoodgu or Yak or similar on (BB)
- Professional English speaking Tibetan guide
- Transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees at monasteries
- Tibet Travel permit
- Mineral water – 2 bottles each day
- China/Tibet visa fee if obtain in Kathmandu (applies as per nationalities)
- Any Airfare
- All expenses of personal nature, phone calls, laundry, etc
- Lunch and Dinner at hotels
- Alcoholic beverages and bar bills
- Personal health and accident insurance
Note: If you want to join with other international travellers - the cost would be less. Let us know which month you wish to travel so we can put you in there.
- Chinese Embassy requires passport physically for 3 full days to process China/Tibet visa
- Visa working days are Mondays to Fridays from 11 am onward; receiving visa time is in the afternoon of 3rd day
USD 1090Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : 4718 m
- Best Time : May June, July, August, September
- Trip Days : 6 days