Kathmandu and Lumbini Tour 8 days
- This is a comprehensive tour to the Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Nepal
- Includes important sites where Buddha visited in Kathmandu valley and places of importance in the teaching of Buddhism.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the cultural and religious significance
- Ashoka Pillar ,Maya Devi temple ,Village Tour
Lumbini is the birthplace of Gautam Buddha. It is located in southern plain of central Nepal very close to the border of Indian State of Bihar and Utter Pradesh. We take you to the pilgrimage site of Buddhist and non-Buddhist alike. Emperor Ashoka of India in the height of his power to renounce his acquisitive and bloody path visited Lumbini and built a Pillar in 250 BC. While in Lumbini we visit the temple of Maya Devi, mother of Gautam Buddha, and the sacred pool known as Puskarni, where Maya Devi gave purification bath to Gautam Buddha. The focal point of Lumbini is the sanctum sanctorum where a stone slab is located to mark exact birthplace of Gautam Buddha. We take two full-day tours to visit the restored garden and surrounding areas that has many ancient monuments, monasteries, and stupas including the archeological site at Kapilvastu where Gautam Buddha spent his early years of childhood. Archaeologist has discovered that the foundation of the palace scattered in the area has 13 successive layers of human habitation dating back to 8th century BC. If time permit we visit other historical places associated with the life of Gautam Buddha like Aroarakot Chatradei, Gotihawa and Kudan all in the vicinity of Taulihawa. Niglihawa and Sagarhawa are other nearby sites that are archeologically important. Surrounding villages and weekly market full of local merchandise and people provide interesting sightseeing tour.
After Lumbini fly back to Kathmandu and travel to Bhaktapur to see many interesting monuments and people in their traditional attire. Travel onward to a resort in Nagarkot; stay overnight at the resort to see sunrise and sunset view over the Himalayan range including Mt. Everest. On the way back to Kathmandu we drive to the ridge of Namobuddha to have a look at the place visited by Buddha in Kathmandu before going to Varanasi (India) at the end of his life. This visit was during the reign of Kiranti king. At the end of the journey, we travel to Buddhist centers like Boudhanath and Swambhunath. In recent years Boudhanath stupa known as little Tibet has become the biggest center for Tibetan Buddhists and Buddhists in South Asia for pilgrimage and meditation.
Buddhism is an integral part of Nepali culture. The Newars and Tibetans have played an important role in keeping up the tradition of Buddhism in the country. There are about 2,000 Buddhist shrines in Kathmandu valley in the form of Stupa, Chaitya or Chorten. These monuments enshrine a relic of Buddha or contain prayers, holy scripts or mortal remains of an important and holy Buddhist master. These structures are built alone or within a Vihar or Gompa where the community of devotees lives and practice ‘dharma’. Stupas and vihar are also the hallmarks of Nepali art and culture.
COST- Private Trip
2 person US$ 1045 per person
3 to 5 person US$ 1200 per person
6 to 9 person US$ 795 per person
Single Supplement :US$ 115
*Government fees and airfares are subject to change
- All airport transfers and ground transportation (AC-vehicle).
- Excursion to Kathmandu Valley
- Knowledgeable , English speaking tour guide
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast based on double occupancy using comfortable hotel with attached bath room – hot and cold running water and wall to wall carpet with amenities and facilities
- Visa fee, Airfares and Sightseeing entrance fee
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical expense
- Alcoholic and bottled veverage, mineral water , laundry and tips
- Expenses due to flight dealy, sickness and other contingencies.
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
Mustang Mountain Biking Tour
Nepal Mustang Mountain Biking for adventure seekers- A Thrilling Experience Nep
Treasure of Taplejung
Taplejung is a far-flung district located in the eastern development region of t