Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek – 8 days
Newly opened trek route in 2012 Annapurna
- Secluded and newly opened route
- Explore ethnic villages, culture and tradition
- Breathtaking views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre and the Mardi Himal (5,587 meters)
- Tranquility with excellent flora and fauna
Mardi Himal is a newly opened trek route in 2012 which now ensembles one of the many beautiful trekking destinations in Annapurna. Since the Ghorepani trek is now becoming overcrowded by tourists, Mardi Himal trek is now becoming more popular among trekkers. This trek takes you all the way to the base of Mardi Himal (5587m) on the Annapurna Himalayan range. A total wilderness and short trek with guest houses available on the route make this trip an affordable and somewhat best opportunity for a stunning view of Mardi Himal, Annapurna and Fishtail. This is one best and new trek trekked by a few westerners and very photogenic.
Situated just east of the Annapurna Base Camp trek, the Mardi Himal trek is a hidden gem, as few trekkers make their way to Mardi Himal’s Base Camp, spectacularly situated at the base of Mardi Himal and the beautiful and imposing Machapuchhre or Fishtail. The trail winds along small paths through ancient rhododendron forests, until you climb out at around 3300 m. Here, the landscape changes quite abruptly with amazing views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchhre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
From High Camp (3580m) you can climb to the base camp in about 3 to 4 hours trek that offers one of spectacular close up views of the entire Annapurna Range. If you are fit enough, you can hike to high camp further.
COST-Private Trip: Nett Cost per person in US Dollar
- 1 pax: US$ 680 per person
- 2 pax: US$ 620 per person
- 3-5 pax US$ 535 per person
- 6-9 pax US$ 485 per person
- Private Departures: any time upon request
- All meals and accommodation in lodge/tea house during the trek, sleeping bag
- Service of trek guide
- Porters to carry personal baggage each 15 kg
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Annapurna Conservation entry permit (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Private transfers to trek start/end point from Pokhara airport or Hotel
- Personal clothing and sleeping bag
- Airfare and transportation to and from Pokhara
- Personal accident, medical and rescue insurance
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Hotel accommodation, sightseeing and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date