Mera peak (6476m) and Amphu Laptsa Pass- 24 days
Best trekking peak with challenging pass.
- One of the best trekking peak in Everest region.
- Summit Mera peak(6476m) and cross Amphu Laptsa pass (5845m)
- Amazing views of some of the highest mountains in the world.
- Take one of the worlds most exhilarating flight to Lukla.
- Beautiful view of entire Himalayan range on the flight to and from Lukla.
- Acclimatize safely on a well-paced trek
- Experience the warm hospitality of the people, Sherpa lifestyle, culture.
The Amphu Laptsa is a technical pass, which is rarely crossed, only few operators handle this adventure, we are one of them. It yields access to the upper Chukkung Valley. While crossing the high pass we work as a team and at times that member/climber initiate a responsibility in assisting accompanied porters up the steep snow and ice slopes and on the (305m) technical descent. Numerous rappels and fixed lines will be required. This may be one of the richest skill development opportunities on the expedition. The views from the Amphu Laptsa is amazing, you can see Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Makalu, Baruntse, Cho Oyu and Island Peak stretch all along the skyline.
The route from Lukla follows a trail made by local yak herders; there are small villages, stone huts and high pasture animal’s shades until Khare. The trail is pretty well defined though this is off the beaten path. In winter people and animals do not stay in these high regions. So local people and trekkers would very much less frequent the area throughout the trek. Walk slowly and gradually to higher elevation. In the schedule, walk-in is done slowly and an extra day for acclimatization days at Khare is planned before climbing to Mera la (5335m). Visit Hinku Nup glacier to the base of Kantega or help carry some food and equipment to high camp at Mera la. The day at Khare can be used to visit Hinku Nup glacier to the base camp of Kantega. Or, help carry some food and the necessary equipment to Mera La. Usually, we set up high camp above Mera la (pass) to help negotiate crevasses early in the morning, so next day climb would be easier. Though high camp may not be necessary, it can only be decided on the site. Mera peak has a twin summit. The view from the summit towards the high mountain peaks is the best anywhere.
This is a special trek for experienced trekkers, not for faint-hearted. Though climbing experience is not required it would be added advantage if you have done a basic climbing course. You travel through extreme land, traverse through snow condition and high pass for over two weeks. If you wish to include Island Peak 6160m, let us know in advance.
The trail from Mera to the Amphu Laptsa pass (5845m) takes you up the uninhabited Upper Hongu Valley. You will pass through the most remote and rugged terrain in the Khumbu region. This area is known as Panch Pokari, a chain of five glacially carved lakes.
After the ardous journey of Amphulaptsa, you trek through the villages of Dingboche, Pangboche and Dibouche. At Thyangboche Monastary, we will spend the morning visiting with the monks and enjoying the views of Everest and Ama Dablam. Enroute explore Namche bazzar which is the economic center of the Sherpas community. We will spend a night and a leisurely morning in Namche, sampling the baked goods, pizza shops and hunting for souvenirs amongst the shops and arrive Lukla for the flight to Kathmandu.
- Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.(BB)
- Day 02:In Kathmandu- sort out equipment and last-minute shopping.
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla (2804m)). Trek to Bom (2862m).
- Day 04:Trek to Chutanga (3993 m), a small camp below the Zatrwa La.
- Day 05:Cross Zatrwa La (5010m), trek further to Thuli Kharka (4268m).
- Day 06:A full day of rhododendron "jungle" on the way to Khotar, a small settlement alongside a raging glacial river.
- Day 07:Trek to the village of Tagnag (4465m), the largest village of this area, nestled between Mera Peak and Kusum Kangru.
- Day 08:Free day in Tagnag (4465m).
- Day 09:Trek to Khare (4940m) at the base of the Mera glacier.
- Day 10:Extra day for bad wether.
- Day 11:Climb up to the Mera La (5413m), then continue to Mera Peak High Camp (5914m).
- Day 12:Attempt Summit of Mera (6476m). Descend to Rad Hora (5243m).
- Day 13:Descend from Rad Hora into the upper Hinku Valley and Tulu Dunga (4908m).
- Day 14:Trek to Panch Pokhari (5484m), a region of 5 glacial lakes, through Incredible high wilderness.
- Day 15:A long day to Amphu Laptchse Base Camp (5548m).
- Day 16:A day of technical climbing and descent over the Amphu Laptse (5845m) to Chukkung.
- Day 17:Rest day in Chukkung (4743m).
- Day 18:Trek to Pheriche (4280m).
- Day 19:Trek to Deboche, trek further to visit the monastery at Thyangboche (3867m).
- Day 20:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m).
- Day 21:Trek to Lukla (2804m).
- Day 22:Fly to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
- Day 23:In Kathmandu, free day.
- Day 24:Transfer to the airport, depart Kathmandu.
Note: Above itinerary shows planned night stops. This may be changed due to weather, technical or logistic condition. Flight to Lukla can be delayed due to weather condition especially during the monsoon and winter season. Full trip dossier available upon request.
We don’t sell tours to sell. We sell to organize memorable holidays. We want to show you and your client's many things that would remain a memorable event in life. We organize wonderful holidays, be it adventure, climbing, heritage, culture, wildlife or simple tours and activities we give our heart. See what our client says about us.
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in US$
- 1 pax US$ 6800
- 2 pax US$ 5800
- 3-5 pax US$ 4950
- 6-9 pax US$ 4200
- 10+ pax US$ 3800
- SGL supplement: US$160
- All meals and accommodation in lodge,tent during the trek
- Cooking and eating utensils
- Service of trek guide, cook, kitchen and sherpa assistants
- Porters to carry personal baggage (each 15 kg.), food and camping equipment
- Warm clothing, shoes, blankets and dark goggles for high altitude porters as required
- Accident and evacuation insurance for staffs and porters
- Domestic Airfare according to programme- Kathmandu- Lukla-Kathmandu
- Nationalpark entry permit as per programme
- Professional Nepali Sherpa climbing guide, Mera Peak climbing permit
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Hotel accommodation on BB as per programme in Kathmandu using 3 star hotel
- Personal clothing, climbing gears and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Sightseeing tours and all major meals in Kathmandu
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the programme
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date.
$ 4200Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Alpine Climbing
- Max Altitude : 6476 m
- Best Time : Spring and Autumn
- Mode of Trip : Fly-Lodge-Camp
- Tour Begins at : Lukla
- Trip Days : 24 days