Manaslu Circuit Mountain Bike Tour – 12 Days
If you want to avoid tourism on the Annapurna Circuit you can rather make a Manalsu round trip which is just as beautiful and challenge ride as it can be. This biking tour is for those enthusiastic cyclist who love to test their endurance, strength and stamina. You will follow the trekking and biking trail on your bicycle savoring some of the spectacular view of the beautiful mountains and nature. This is one of the most amazing ride and an adventure you can have once in your lifetime. One cannot only be amazed but fall in love with the surroundings, people and culture. You ride through the rich variety and vistas from the rolling hills of Marsyandi to the Himalayan interior from lush green pine forests your ride will encompass almost 50 % ride and carry amidst the stunning mountains and beautiful nature.
You start and end in a tropical environment: warm, bamboo huts, rice fields and banana trees. The path sometimes runs spectacularly high above the wild river with perpendicular rock walls. Higher up we find large Buddhist villages and monasteries. The most challenge part is the two-thirds of the trek we pass the highest point in a world of rock and ice: the Larkya La at an altitude of 5106 meters. The technical trails make for amazing riding.
The tour starts in Arughat, just north of the main road from Kathmandu to Pokhara. The first warm days lead you past the terraced rice fields and subtropical forests through the valley of the Budhi-Gandaki. The villages are authentic and the paths are sometimes carved out of the perpendicular rock walls next to the wild river. Only a little later the valley opens so that we get a wonderful view of the various gleaming white peaks of the Manaslu massif. In the large village of Samagaon we have a day of rest to get used to the altitude. We therefore have time to visit the monastery. After Samagaon we continue into the mountain wasteland, on the way to the Larkya La (5105 meters). We leave the last juniper bushes behind and we begin the tiring crossing over this magnificent pass.
After this we come through wooded areas in the valley of the Marsyangdi. The last few days we walk in the opposite direction along the run-up to the Annapurna tour to arrive at BesiSahar. From here a bus takes us to the "big" road further to Kathmandu.
Manaslu is the trail of the future for mountain bikers in Nepal and we were overwhelmed by the sheer joy and surprise of the local people who welcomed us as the first cyclists into the area with pure bewilderment. So go there and discover the rich culture and hospitality of the hardy mountain people and push your limits beyond anything you ever imagined on this unforgettable journey.Highlights
- Excellent and amazing ride to an unbeaten path of the Manaslu circuit
- Explore natural beauty of forest, river and flora and fauna
- Immerse in the rich culture of Nepal and Tibetan ethnic groups
- Magnificent mountain views of Manaslu (8156m), Cheo Himal (6820m), Himlung Himal(7126m) Annapurna II (7937m)
- Abundant wildlife like Mountain Goat, Blue Sheep
- Cross Larke pass (5,213m) is the highest point & challenging pass
- Traverse to the north of Manalsu
- All land transport in private vehicle including airport transfers
- 3 star hotels in Kathmandu
- All accommodation in best available teahouse while biking
- All meals as per itinerary
- Professional Mountain Bike Guide
- All permits and entry fees
- Porters for carrying your bags
- Welcome dinner and traditional Dance
- Visa fee
- Transportation that are not specifically mentioned in the program
- Emergency evacuation and rescue cost
- Personal equipment and warm clothing, sleeping bags
- Personal accident, health insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature like alcoholic and bottled beverage, hot shower, laundry and tips
- Any other services that are not specifically mentioned in the cost are also not included.
For biking tour and price inquiries please contact us at kht@firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mail usPer Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Strenuous
- Max Altitude : 4416 m
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Bike - Lodge
- Trip Days : 12