Muktinath Darshan – 5 days
One of the most important pilgrimage sites for Hindus.
- Spectacular and awesome view of Himalayas – Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri
- Enjoy an overland drive on the scenic road to Pokhara and Beni bazar
- Experience the enigmatic land beyond the Himalayan range
- Travel through one of the deepest gorge in the world – Kali Gandaki valley
- Stay overnights in trekkers lodges
- Stop for puja in Muktinath and at Dhumba – an alpine lake
- Overnight in Marpha to see apple orchard and village life
- Stop for hot spring bath at Tatopani Kunda
- A half-day tour of Pokhara
- You get to enjoy and experience wonderful culture, nature and pristine environment
- Route: Drive to Pokhara – Jomsom – Muktinath – Dhumba Lake - Jomsom – Marpha- Beni – Pokhara - Drive to Kathmandu
Nepal is a mystery and land of mystics. The pilgrimage to Muktinath proves this observation. Muktinath is not just simply a temple of worship; it has historical and legendary significance in Hindu and Buddhist mythology that attribute to this pilgrimage site.
The drive through the deep gorge made by Kali Gandaki river and the dirt road along the Upper Kali Gandaki river that swing northeast towards a high pass – Thorang La, is an unprecedented journey for most pilgrims. It is a wonderful experience with adventure travelling off-road in the mountain. If you have more time there are several places to stop by and see around the places scattered in the landscape. For an extended tour, Lo Manthang in Mustang is something that people enjoy though the entire landscape is dry, barren and dazzling.
After beautiful Marpha, a Thakali village, you drive up to the plateau to Jomsom. Continue to drive the next day along the Kali Gandaki River to Eklebhatti (2774 m). And then climb to Muktinath.
You follow the same route to Jomsom. Descend gradually through fields and poplar groves, then steeply into the valley floor. Follow the valley southward to Jomsom. It is the headquarters of Mustang District. Jomsom has a large settlement with a STOL airstrip, police station and bank. The Kali Gandaki Valley at this point is called Thak Khola. The inhabitants are Thakali. These ethnic groups are enterprising traders and business people. In the old days, the Thakalis dominated the salt trade with Tibet of this region. After the salt trade was over they diversified the business into running local eateries and lodges along the trek route. Affluent Thakalis are in construction and other high-end business.
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in US$
- NPRs 35,000 per person. We need 6 person to run the trip.
- Join In Fixed Departure cost: NPRs 39,000 per person
- Accommodation based on double occupancy
- Ground transportation (Jeep- 4-wheel drive vehicle with comfortable seating arrangement)
- Accommodation - normal lodge in the mountain
- Hotel accommodation in the appointed hotel in Pokhara with breakfast and dinner only
- Meals – Breakfast, lunch and dinner during overland journey
- Tour assistants based on group size
- First- Aid kit
Starting from NPR 28,000Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Easy to Moderate
- Max Altitude : 3760m
- Best Time : Spring (March, April and May) Autun (September, October and November)
- Mode of Trip : Excursion in a jeep
- Tour Begins at : We will notify
- Tour Ends at : We will notify
- Trip Days : 5 days
- Departure Date : Coming soon