Overland Tour to Lhasa with Everest Base Camp from Kathmandu – 8 days
Affordable trip to Mt. Kailash.
- Journey over the Tibetan Plateau to Rongphu Monastery and Everest Base Camp
- Glaciers, ancient monasteries, holy lakes, rare wild animals, big mountain ranges, lovely traditional villages en route to Lhasa.
- Absorb the dramatic views of the north face of Everest
- Explore Lhasa and visit Potala place, former home of Dalai Lama
- Delve into the rich cultural traditions of Tibet
This trip is a private tour, which can be started on your chosen dates. We need a minimum of 4 people to run this trip. We travel first to Syabrubheshi on the Nepal side and do a little village walk. Next morning a short drive will take you to Nepal/Tibet border called Rashuwagadi, Kyirong in Tibet. Drive 8 hours / 175 km). You make an overland journey after acclimatize to Kyirong country that lies at the height of 3950m. Drive to Dongba and overnight, the next day drive will take you to Mansarover lake. From here we drive upto Darchen and we commence our parikrama. We return to Kathmandu using the same route after parikrama.
Making a parikrama (walking around Mt. Kailash) wash your sins away. Especially when this is done on an auspicious year or time. On such an occasion a circuit equals 13 circuits completed during the year.ABOUT Mt.KAILASH & THE PILGRIMAGE TOUR
Buddhist, Hindus and Bonpo faithful consider Mt. Kailash as their sacred land. The mountain is known as the throne of “Shiva", a powerful God in Hindu mythology. Buddhist considers it as Kang Rinpoche, the precious Snow Mountain. A devotee of the Jain religion considers the peak as Mount Ashtpada. Rishabanatha, the founder of the Jain faith, believed that he gained spiritual liberation on the summit of Mt.Kailash. Bon po, pre Buddhist religion in Tibet believes that this is the 'Nine storeys Swastika Mountain' that lead to heaven. Despite its barren and dry features the lake and the mountain have a magnetic influence on devotees and visitors alike. The pilgrim's walk and prostate around the mountain path of 55-km Kailash Parbat (mountain) known to them as Meru in ice and stone. There is a strong belief among Hindus and Buddhist that a single walk around the holy mountain would wash away all the sins of a lifetime. Travellers and explorers see in its raw form the amazing beauty in the middle of the dull landscape and the faithful feel that it is the sanctuary of God that gives life to the entire human being. Everybody always finds in it something valuable. Kailash peak and Mansarover Lake are situated at 4500 meters above sea level at the highest elevation on the Tibetan plateau. It is the source of holy rivers of south Asia like Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra and Karnali Mt. Kailash. It is the only peak in the entire Himalayan range revered as ultimate sanctity. It is also one of the highest Mountains in Tibet at over 6714m (22,022 ft) and Lake Manasarovar at 4558m (14,950 ft) is probably the highest freshwater lake in the world. Though the entire Himalayas is regarded as a divine dwelling yet Mt. Kailash is the only peak that is revered as ultimate sanctity. Pilgrim takes bath in the lake Mansarover, known as Mana (mind) of Brahama.
The place is certainly remote and difficult to reach especially in the extreme weather conditions and often on a dusty and rough road. The distance from Kathmandu is about 1000 km and from Lhasa, it is almost double. On the geographical aspect, the mountain is the source of four great rivers that merge in the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea. It is the source of the civilization of Indus and Brahmaputra river valley in India. Despite the reality of the Cultural Revolution in China and Tibet, regions around Kailash suffered the least. Though many monuments around it and in the vicinity were destroyed yet the faith of its followers has remained stronger than ever. More than the pilgrimage of your lifetime it is truly an adventure that remains with you life long.
Tour begins at Kathmandu and ends at Lhasa
COST-Private Trip: Net per person in US$
- 2 pax US$1875
- 3-5 pax US$1490
- 6-9 pax US$1199
- 10-15 pax US$1025
- Single room supplement: US$200
- Hotel Accommodation on twin sharing basis using 3 star Hotel like Hotel Dhoodgu or Yak or similar
- Daily breakfast
- English speaking experienced Tibetan guide
- Transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees at monasteries
- Tibet Travel permit
- Private transfer to Kyirong boarder from Kathamndu Hotel
- Mineral water – 2 bottles each day
- China/Tibet visa fee if obtain in Kathmandu (applies as per nationalities)
- Any Airfare
- All expenses of personal nature, phone calls, laundry, etc
- Lunch and Dinner at hotels
- Alcoholic beverages and bar bills
- Personal health and accident insurance
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
If you want to join with other international travelers - the cost would be less. Let us know which month you wish to travel so we can put you in there.Note: Visa formality in Kathmandu
- Chinese Embassy requires passport physically for 3 full days to process China/Tibet visa
- Visa working days are Mondays to Fridays from 11 am onward; receiving visa time is in the afternoon of 3rd day