Royal Bardia National Park
More Trip Facts:
- Country: Nepal
- You will visit: Kathmandu, Bardia
- Tour type: Group
- Safari standard: Economy
- Wildlife: One-horned rhinos, Water buffalo, Elephants, Tiger, Black beer, Deer, Antelopes, Wild boar, Wild chickens, Peacock, Birds, Reptiles
- Viewing by: Game viewer, canoe, 4x4 vehicle
- Getting around: 4x4 transfer vehicles
- Trip Mode: Flight ( 60 min) / Drive ( 14 hr)
- Arrive/Depart: Fly in/out of Kathmandu/ The nearest airport to Bardia is Neparlgunj (from Nepalgunj to Bardia is 75kms 2 hour drive)
The Royal Bardia National Park is also known as Karnali National Park as it is located in the east of Karnali river which flows in Far West Nepal. It is an undisturbed wilderness in the Terai(plain) section of Nepal. The national park was the hunting reserve during the Shah dynasty. The Eco-system and flora and fauna of the place will naturally captivate your attention. Like in Chitwan it has Sal, Savannah and riverine forest and grassland. This park was created by resettling the people to another area. Natural vegetation in this forest is now providing sanctuary for wildlife.
There are around 600, plant species, 50 over mammals, 500 over birds, 50 over amphibians and reptiles are found around the park. It is one of the few remaining habitats of the Royal Bengal tiger and great one-horned rhinoceros. A small herd of wild elephants are occasionally seen. There are scientific research projects funded by WWF (World Wild Life Fund) and international organizations to understand ecology, behaviour and preserve species like rhino, tiger and deer. There is a breeding centre for nearly extinct Gharials - crocodiles. Tharus are an inhabitant of this place and the culture adds a distinct touch to the Bardia experience in a colourful way.
- US$ 1075 per person
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu 2 star
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Full board –breakfast, lunch and dinner in the camp at Royal Bardia National Park with Jungle
- All taxes
- Personal clothing, sleeping bag etc.
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical-box.
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
US$ 1075Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Easy
- Max Altitude : 1441
- Best Time : April-May-June -Oct-Nov-Dec
- Mode of Trip : Drive/Fly