Saribung Peak Climb (6346m)- 26 Days
Newly discovered Trek and Climb in Nepal.
- Trek through rugged mountain landscape and rich cultural legacy.
- Visit the ancient walled city of Lo Manthang and the hidden valley of Nar Phu.
- You will see Tibetan nomads, cave gompas with exquisite murals, fortresses, palaces & cave hermitages.
- Breathtaking view of the high Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and Manaslu range.
- Enjoy classic scenery of the high Tibetan plateau along the Kali Gandaki gorge.
- Summit Saribung peak and feel and exhilaration.
Saribung peak is situated in an isolated part of the Mustang region of Damodar Himal, close to the border of Tibet. This Extreme Saribung Trekking and Peak Climbing is newly discovered trekking route in 2006. Since then this trek has become a very popular trail with off beaten track and demanding high pass, in the Upper Mustang region.
The trail is rugged, cutting high into cliff sides and passes villages that have changed little over the centuries. Saribung Trek can be done anti-clockwise for which the trek start from Nar-Phu Valley “a hidden valley” and then ascend to Saribung pass and enter in the Upper Mustang " known as little Tibet in Nepal" and down to Jomsom or clockwise for which the trek start from Jomsom and follow Upper Mustang trail and descend to Nar-Phu valley and Besisahar to end.
For climbing Saribung peak, it is easy to do an expedition but there are many passes with ice and creases in between the Damodar Kunda region and Nar-Phu valley. Saribang trekking and expedition will start from one region and end another trekking region by enjoying scenery, religions, geographic elevation and will cross the challenging pass near Saribung Peak (6346m). The trekkers and climbers really enjoy its fantastic and pleasing views of the Himalaya and beyond. During the trekking, you will meet different villages, monasteries, culture and religion of Tibetan style every day. The main important thing is the spectacular mountain scenery, which will see from the top of Mt. Saribung. This trek will be for 21 days if we don’t climb Saribung peak.
We start our journey in Mustang, the legendary kingdom. It lies on the dry north side of the Annapurna massif in a fascinating landscape of deeply carved canyons, beautifully eroded sandstone formations in beautifully glowing pastel colours and mountain plateaus with a view of gleaming-white glaciers. This is the ideal area to acclimatise enjoying all this beauty for the high passes and the top climb during the trek to Phu, another hidden gem in Nepal.
After 10 days of Mustang, we start the trek to the base camp of the Saribung. We walk through a totally deserted area and cross two 5000+ meter passes. After 16 days of trekking, we are well acclimatized and ready for the top attempt. The ascent of the Saribung runs over a glacier and is technically easy. After the climb, we walk close to the Tibetan border to Phu. The trek continues to the Annapurna trail and ends where we can take the bus back to Kathmandu.
COST-Private Trip: US$ 4350 per person
We require at least 4 person to run the trip Cost Includes:
- All airport arrival and departure transfer by car/van.
- 5 night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on (BB).
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Tea, coffee, cookies and hot water during the trek.
- Camping gears: Tents for guests, Nepalese staffs, Kitchen, Dining and toilet.
- Guide, cook, Sherpa and necessary porters and their salaries, insurance and equipment charge.
- Tented accommodation for all during the climbing period.
- All the domestic flights (Jomsom/Pokhara) and airport tax.
- ACAP, TIMS Card, Upper Mustang Restricted, Nar- Phu Restricted Area Permits.
- Peak Climbing Permit, Garbage Deposit.
- Climbing Sherpa’s Equipment Charge and Insurance.
- All Ground transportation during the tour in Nepal.
- All Government taxes, vat and office Service charge.
- Any Meals in Kathmandu, Travel insurance, International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee, Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal trekking equipments, Emergency Rescue evacuation in case of emergency.
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance etc.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek, Tips for guide, porters, driver.
Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date.
$ 4350Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Hard
- Max Altitude : 6346 m
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Drive- Fly- Lodge- Camp
- Tour Begins at : Jomsom
- Trip Days : 26