School workshop Program – 21 days
Volunteer community school workshop.
Bidharthi Niketan Higher Secondary School is one of the many schools in the district of Bhaktapur. It is located at the edge of Durbar Square of Bhaktapur – about 7 minutes’ walk from the Main Entrance gate of Bhaktapur and the hotel Khawapa Chhen. The principle of the school is a lady. The school has 30 students on average in all classes from class I to 12. It also has a Nursery class. The resource of the school is limited. The salary of the staffs and teachers are funded by the government grant. Their day to day expenses is met by the nominal tuition fees they charge each student. They have not been able to afford to set up their website. The school does not have a proper library and science lab. They have about 2 dozen donated computers. The principle of the school says the weakest part of the students of the school is in science and math. They used to lag behind in English education but now they have made considerable progress in English education because the school curriculum has emphasized teaching in English from class I. The principle of the school said their Nursery classroom requires painting – they cannot afford paint. The visiting students can participate in the activities of the Nursery class as well as other classes in the teaching and learning experience.
The students in community work can participate in open painting class that can be organized by the school. The school opens at 10 am and ends at 4 pm. The lunch break is at 1 pm for half an hour. The school can organize a cultural song and dance presentation based on various ethnic cultures in Nepal. Students from your country may present their own program.
Depending upon what the students want to do the program can be adjusted accordingly. This is simply a guideline of day to day activities.
Dinner at the hotel: 06 pm to 07 pm.
Community work in the school involves various activities as teaching, cleaning, joining school function, participating in sports etc. This arrangement is possible during school working days. Normally school remains on holiday during the big festival in October and November as well as during summer breaks in June and July. There are two types of schools: A government-funded school known as a community school, other is a private school. Private schools can be categorized as small, medium and big depending upon their resources. Students from abroad can also visit the ACAP office in Ghandrung to learn about community participation in the forest conservation projects in this specially protected national park.
Foothill of Annapurna is chosen because of its unique natural beauty, interesting and easy walking trail condition, close up view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri, cultural diversity, and interesting Gurung villages from where some of the Gurkhas are recruited in the British Army. Pokhara with its lake provides something different from Kathmandu. Pokhara is the next best place to visit after Kathmandu.
- During Community work program following schedule is prepared for meal:
- Wake-up call: 06 am
- Breakfast time: 07 am to 9 am
- At the school: 10 am to 4 pm
- Lunch time: 01 pm to 02 pm
- Free Time: 04 pm to 05 pm
COST-Private Trip: Group Size 16 + Pax - per person US$ 1395
- All airport transfers
- Bhaktapur full board package
- Hotel accommodation on bed and breakfast in Kathmandu and in Pokhara (BB)
- Chitwan Jungle safari full board package
- During trek three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) and accommodation in standard rooms in the lodge / tea house are provided.
- Porter to carry personal baggage (maximum 10 kg each), a trek guide (Sardar) and trek staffs as required will accompany the members
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters as per government regulation
- Ground transportation as outlined in the program are included.
- National Park Fees (ACAP) and permit (TIMs), Sightseeing entrance fee
- Professional tour guide in Kathmandu sightseeing
- Additional porter if required to carry extra baggage, photographic equipment, and personal equipment.
- 2x Lunch and 2x Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Accident insurance, emergency evacuation, medical first aid
- Expenses of personal nature like sleeping bags, bottled water, bottled beverage, laundry and tips.
- Services that are not specifically mentioned are not included.
Above mentioned schedule are guidelines only. It can be changed due to weather and unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
$1395Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Easy
- Max Altitude : 3200 meters
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Hotel - Lodge
- Trip Days : 21 days
- Trek Duration : 5 days