Sikkim and Darjeeling Tour – 5 days
One of the best northeast India tour package.
- short and sweet holiday in one of the best place in the world.
- An insight and an enthralling experience of hills in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- View of the mighty Kanchenjunga from Tiger hill
- Scenic drive through the lush Teesta valley to Gangtok
- Visit beautiful and serene Tsomgo Lake - at an altitude of (3754 m)
- Walk through the fascinating bazaar full of local products and produce
- Visit Rumtek Monastery
Darjeeling and Sikkim is the most popular tour amongst Indian tourist. This place is also one of the best hot spots within the Nepalese community, because of its close boundaries and ethnicity. Also, the place is a great vacation destination for family, friends and couples. The elegant hills reside on the Northeastern side of the Himalayan foothills of the Indian side and attract large numbers of tourist across the continents.
Darjeeling and Sikkim lie beneath the benevolent gaze of Mount Kanchenjunga, the world's third-highest mountain in the world. The place is a unique microcosm of the Himalayas and is a realm of amazing landscapes and exotic biodiversity. The place offers a remarkable variety in human cultures of diverse ethnic communities living harmoniously with nature.
Sikkim is a small Himalayan state of India in the eastern Himalayas surrounded by China and Tibet in the north. With a population of 5, 50,000 people its rich culture of mixed ethnic groups of Lepchas, Bhutias, Limbus and Tibetans makes your visit a remarkable experience in your life. Kanchenjunga the world third highest peak which many Sikkimese revered as the guardian deity attracts many thousand people each year from around the world. Apart from it, Tsomgo Lake attracts many visitors when the lake is frozen especially during the winters. You will find many monasteries and a sense of peace and tranquillity. The rarest and unique orchid flower is found here. Sikkim is a multilingual, multi-religious and multicultural state.
Darjeeling: There is no finer place than Darjeeling to step yourself in the grandeur and beauty of the towering snowcapped mountains. Darjeeling derived its present name from the local Tibetan name, Dorjee-Ling, which means the place (Ling) of the Thunderbolt (Dorjee). The hill resides in the northern part of West Bengal, similar in geography to that of Sikkim, with a population of 80 thousand. Darjeeling shares its border district with Sikkim in the north, Nepal in the West and Bhutan in the east. Darjeeling still retains an imperialistic touch although the British left about 60 years ago. Famous for its natural beauty and vast stretches of lush green tea gardens, and the only Himalayan Railway, known to the locals as the Toy Train, is now a world heritage that was listed by UNESCO in 1999.
Optional:One can also visit places of vicinity around Darjeeling like Kalimpong, Kurseong, and Mirik.
Optional: Bhutan Extension can also be done: Siliguri-Thimpu-Paro-Siliguri. See in Bhutan portion.
Note: Above tentative itinerary showing scheduled night stop; it is a guideline only. There is no refund for unused service whatsoever the reason be after the trip has begun. Logistic may change due to trial and other condition beyond our control.
COST-PrivateTrip: Net per person in USD
- 2 person - US$ 630per
- 3 to 5 persons - US$ 590
- 6 to 9 persons - US$ 530
- 10 to 15 persons -US$ 505
- 4 star Hotel accommodation on BB with best facilities
- Sightseeing tour according to the program
- Service of knowledgable English speaking tour guide
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Visa fees, Airfare and Sightseeing entrance fees
- Personal accident, Health and Medical insuarance
- Personal clothing and equipments, single supplement
- Excess baggage, personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost, medical box,bottled beverages, laundry & tips
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned