Sikkim Green Lake Yumesamdong Trek – 23 days
Most popular and Enchanting trek.
- Remote destination in north Sikkim less frequented by westerners
- Fabulous views of Kangchenjunga (8586m) and Mt. Sinolchu (6887m)
- Visit some of the beautiful valleys of flowers of Chopta and Yumthang
- Visit the inaccessible and beautiful Zemu Glacier
- Important heritage sightseeing tour and Tsmongo lake
Green Lake Yumesamdong trek is one of the most popular and enchanting trek to experience while in Sikkim. The ecosystem and the flora and fauna of this place are so rich to captivate one's senses. This is a high altitude trek so proper acclimatization is necessary along the way. You will walk through the green land passing by varieties of Rhododendron, blue poppies and primulas in an awesome bloom. The view of Mt. Kanchenjunga is marvellous. One will see an unbelievable stretch of the green frozen glacier, which is known by the name Zemu Glacier. The view of Mt. Sinolchu (6887m) is just breathtaking. Green Lake trek starts from Lachen which is a beautiful village itself where we will set our base of this trek. Gangtok to Lachen is a day's journey of 5 - 6 hours by jeep.
Transportation: From Kathmandu, take the one hour flight to Bhadrapur (the nearest Nepalese airport to Darjeeling), drive to Kakarvitta (Nepal/Indian border 34km), to Siliguri (36km) and to Darjeeling (77 km, about 2.5 hrs drive). Darjeeling is also connected by road with Sikkim (120km) and Bhutan (200km). Darjeeling is about 90 km from Bagdogra, the nearest airport, where scheduled flights operate from New Delhi, Calcutta and Guwahati. The nearest railheads are Siliguri and New Jalpaiguri (88km) which are connected to Calcutta, New Delhi, Guwahati and other major cities in India.
Note: Above tentative itinerary showing scheduled night stop; it is a guideline only. Logistics may change due to unforeseen conditions beyond our control.There is no refund for unused service whatsoever be the reason after the trip has begun.
COST- Private Trip Net per person in USD
- 2 pax USD 2645
- 3-5 pax USD 2530
- 6-9 pax USD 2300
- Airport transfers
- 3 to 4star Hotel accommodation on BB as per itinerary
- Lodge accommodation while on trek (double sharing in most places)
- Trek guide (Sardar) and an assistant Sherpa above 5 persons in a group 1:5
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Sightseeing tour and excursion according to the program
- Ground transportation on A/c vehicle
- service of English speaking guide/escort
- Visa fees, Airfare, Trek permit
- Porter for member baggage (10 kg each)
- Private transport to start and from end point of trek
- Excess baggage and personal porter
- Personal equipment and warm clothing, sleeping bags
- Emergency evacuation, Personal accident and health insurance
- Expenses of personal nature like alcoholic and bottled beverage, hot shower, laundry and tips
- Expenses due to flight delay, road disruption etc. and any other services that are not specifically mentioned