Tibet Bicycle Tour and Everest Base Camp – 20 Days
An epic journey across China to the high Tibetan plateau.
- An epic journey across China to the high Tibetan plateau.
- Lhasa-Kathmandu tour is the world’s Longest and Deepest Mountain Bike tour.
- Pedal on an endless crushed stone-paved path and settlements, monasteries and Palaces.
- High point of this journey is when travelling to Rongbuk monastery and Mount Everest Base Camp (5200).
- Explore Lhasa, including the Potala Palace, former home of Dalai Lama
Visit Kathmandu 2/3 day (optional)before flying to Lhasa and spend 3 days for the necessary acclimatization enjoying the fascinating Lhasa. Trails navigating between Lhasa and Kathmandu, off Road to Rongbuk, the Valley beneath the Stunning North face of Mount Everest and the Everest Base Camp (5200m). You will visit all the major cities en route, Gyantse, Shigatse, Lhatse, Shegar and Tinri are on the list. This bicycle trip will provide you with a fantastic, adventurous and special experience. It is ancient Tibet and modern China in the process of blending together. Tibet is enchanting. It is one of the most remote parts of the world. Most of Tibet, including Lhasa, is at an elevation of more than 3658 meters (12000 feet).
The distance in Tibet is very wide and the road is rough. So schedules are often disrupted by a mechanical problem, floods, or landslides. To tackle the problems that arise out of these unforeseen circumstances you would certainly need the spirit of adventure and patience. In fact, your journey to Tibet would be a rewarding and unforgettable experience like the one Tibetan pilgrim get once they are in Lhasa. The highest mountain in the world, Mt. Everest, and another 8000-meter peak of Mt. Makalu dominates the breathtaking view.
Lhasa-Kathmandu tour is the worlds Longest and Deepest Mountain Bike tour. Pedal on endless crushed stone-paved path and settlements, monasteries and Palaces. The high point of this journey is when travelling to Rongbuk monastery and Mount Everest Base Camp (5200).
We arrange a private tour on your suitable and convenient dates. We also customise a tour or a trek to suit your exact requirements and dates. We will make every effort to make your trip smooth and hasslefree.The trip to Tibet is in high altitude region. The road is at an elevation above 3600 meters (12000 ft.) above sea level most of the time and goes as high as 5300 meters if you go to the base camp of Everest or Kailash in a short period. In case of an altitude problem with a member of the group, it is always the priority of the group to attend to the sick person for his safety. There are medical facilities at Zangmu, Xigar, Xigaze, and Lhasa but not in other places. Medical facilities are limited and the possibility of medical evacuation is negligible. VISA FOR CHINA: http://np.china-embassy.org/eng/ConsularServices/t1463736.htm
Night in Kathmandu before the tour: We suggest at least 2 to 3 nights in Kathmandu to allow sufficient time to process your China/Tibet visa.
Day 01. Arrive Kathmandu. In Kathmandu.
Day 02. Fly to Gonggar Airport and drive to Lhasa. O/N Hotel (BB) - In Lhasa Sightseeing Tour to Potala Palace, Jhokong temple and Barkhuo bazaar (BB)
Day 03. In Lhasa. Final set up and preparation for biking journey. We visit Drepung and Sera Monastery two important active monasteries.
Day 04. Camp after 86 km
Day 05. Kamba La Pass. Camp after 56 km
Day 06. Continue and camp before Karo pass
Day 07. Karo Pass to Gyangtse. Gyantse 86 km
Day 08. Gyangtse to Shigatse. Shigatse 106 km
Day 09: Continue and camp after 75 km
Day 10: Continue and camp after Lhatse 95 km
Day 11: Continue. Shegar 80 km
Day 12: Continue. Pang La Pass. Camp after 65 km
Day 13: Continue. Rongbuk. Camp 35 km
Day 14: Go to Everest Base Camp. Camp at Rongbuk
Day 15: Camp before Tingri. 76 km
Day 16: Continue and camp after 75km
Day 17: Lalung-Leh Pass75km
Day 18: Continue to Zhangmu and cross the border, cycle tour to Dhulikhel. O/N at Dhulikhel.
Day 19: Dhulikhel to Kathmandu, end of service.
Day 20: Transfer to Airport. Fly home.
We can customize the tour to suit your requirements.NOTE:
The schedule stops shown above are guideline only. It may change due to weather and other logistic condition. Best available and comfortable accommodations are chosen for overnight stay. The standard varies from place to place depending upon the remoteness of the scheduled stop. The tracks and trails are in proximity to many road heads and telephone connection. In an emergency situation, it is always possible to contact our office or helicopter for rescue and help at any time
COST- Private Trip
- 2 person US$ 3975 per person
- 3 to 5 person US$ 3965 per person
- 6 to 9 person US$ 2835 per person
- Single Room Supplement
*Government fees and airfares are subject to change.
Departure: Any time upon request
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation in Kathmandu Hotel in Thamel
- Accommodation in twin sharing basis as per the itinerary on BB basis tents and lodge/guest houses accommodation
- 19 days full board Biking tour budget from day 4
- English speaking Tibetan Guide
- Sightseeing and Airport transfers by tourist coach or necessary vehicles as per the itinerary
- 4500 model Land Cruiser or necessary vehicle
- Monastery entrance fee
- Tibet Travel permit
- Emergency 1 bottles portable oxygen cylinder
- Rongbuk Entry Fee
- Everest Conservation Fee
- Local guide from Kodari to Kathmandu
- Visa fee: China/Tibet
- Airfares (Kathmandu- Lhasa)
- Lunch and dinner in Lhasa and in Dhulikhel
- Accident insurance, Medical evacuation cost, personal insurance
- Mountain bikes and equipment for bikes
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned are not covered in the cost.
USD 3965Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Hard
- Max Altitude : 5200 meter at EBC
- Best Time : Within the terrain of Tibet Autonomous region (June to October). Otherwise (April to October).
- Mode of Trip : Lodge , Camp
- Trip Days : 20