Tibet Cultural Tour – 8 days
See insight into this mystery land.
This is a cultural tour to the heartland of Tibet’s ancient civilization rarely visited by many tourists who comes to Lhasa. Normal sightseeing place like Potala Palace and monasteries around Lhasa are included in the program. You can see the insight into this mysterious land.Overview
Arrive in Kathmandu. On the next day take a full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu and Patan Durbar square. On the third day, we fly to Lhasa. The flight over the Himalayas makes spectacular crossing rarely seen anywhere in the world. The lush green colour in Nepal slowly fades away and an arid and dull grey plateau appears which in turn turns into the blue sky as you land at Lhasa. The highest mountain in the world, Mt.Everest, and another 8000-meter peak of Mt.Makalu dominates the breathtaking view.
Upon arrival, we take you on a wonderful and fascinating journey into the cultural heartland of Tibet - Yarlung Valley, Samye gompa, and Lhasa. Yarlung valley is the cradle of Tibetan culture and the burial place of the first Tibetan king. The valleys are full of legends and myths. The most impressive is regarding Yumbu Lhakhang. It is reputed to be the oldest building in Tibet. Legend has it that this impressive tapering structure was built as a tribute to the first king of Tibet, Nyentri Tsenpo, who is believed to have descended from heaven. These valleys are also known as the birthplace of the Tibetan people. The legendary monkey’s cave is way up on a hill called Gangpo Ri known as the ‘Valley of Tombs.’ En-route to Lhasa, we travel to Samey, the oldest monastery founded in 779 AD. While in Lhasa we will wander around the Barkor bazaar, its narrow streets and neighbourhoods that has rich traditional Tibetan life. Here you have a chance to discover Old Tibet. You would be amazed to see the sight of pilgrims prostrating themselves in front of Jhokang temple. Tibetans from remote parts of the country make their pilgrimage of a lifetime to Lhasa to prostrate around the temple. In this city centre, you would encounter tall Khampas with red braids in their hair, Chinese tourists, and traders selling goods that you cannot imagine. We visit the photogenic Potala palace, Drepung and Sera monastery. This is a wonderful tour to experience and see the insight of Tibetan life, their philosophy and religion. Fly back to Kathmandu, stay overnight and leave Kathmandu the next day.
Sera monasteryis one of the three important monasteries. It was built in the 15th century. Once upon a time, it used to have 5000 monks. It belongs to the Gelugpa order known as Yellow Hat. The other important monastery around Lhasa is the Drepung monastery. It used to have 8000 monks. They are thought in the tradition of Vajrayana, Tantra and Sutra.
Note: The above itinerary and schedule is a guideline only. It is subject to change due to logistic, local, technical, weather and other condition beyond our control. Best to book 45 days before departure or earlier due to space in the flight. Allow at least 3 nights in Kathmandu before departure. We can customize the tour to suit your requirements.
COST- Private Trip
2 person US$ 1145 per person
3 to 5 person US$ 1125 per person
6 to 9 person US$ 965 per person
10 to 15 person US$ 850 per person
Single Room Supplement US$680
* Departure: Anytime as per your choice of date
- All airport transfer
- Airport transfers and city sightseeing with English speaking tour guide.
- Ground transportation using mini van or coach in Tibet and Nepal
- In Kathmandu and Lhasa accommodation are on bed and breakfast (BB) based on double occupancy using a comfortable hotel
- Tibet Travel Permit and entrance fee are included.
- Visa fees, Airfare
- Personal clothing, sleeping bag
- Personal insurance, medical box, emergency rescue evacuation, oxygen. etc
- Expenses of personal nature like, alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, tips, portage (In case of landslide or border crossing)
- Expenses due to flight delay, road disruption, flood, sickness and other contingencies
- Meals (lunch and dinner) in Kathmandu and Tibet are not included.
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned are not covered in the cost.
$1145Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : 3650 meter at Lhasa
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Hotel
- Tour Begins at : Lhasa
- Trip Days : 8