Tsum Valley Trek – 19 Days
It is one of the hidden gems of Nepal.
- Trek through remote villages of ancient culture, Mani walls and monuments
- Spectacular view of Ganesh Himal and Manaslu
- Unique and historic monasteries of Rachen Gumba and Mu Gumba, Dephyudonma Gumba
- Explore the hidden valley of happiness, peace and spirituality
- Experience remote lifestyle in Nepali life as you trek through villages and Tibetan settlements
- Great variety of wildlife , flora and fauna
Tsum Valley was a restricted area until it was opened for trekking in 2008. The Tsum Valley is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley situated in northern Gorkha, Nepal. It is also known as the Hidden Valley of Happiness. This trek is a special combination of areas. The entry and exit of this tour go on to the increasingly developed Manaslu route, but when you split off you immediately enter a completely different world. One of peace, tranquillity, where very few trekkers venture. You follow trails of beautiful flora and fauna, authentic villages, a wide valley, which border the area of Tibet and the base camp of Ganesh Himal.
Against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal and Sringi Himal, and Boudha ranges, this serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin and speak a unique dialect. Trails are strewn with artistic chortens and lined with mani walls made of thousands of stone slabs carved with drawings of deities and inscribed with prayers. The famous Kyimu Lung, a pilgrimage circuit in the central Trans-Himalaya, is well known for its centre of learning and meditation. This circuit traverses the Tsum Valley the Manaslu area in Nepal, and southern parts of Tibet.
The valley is uniquely rich in wildlife, especially the Himalayan Thar and Blue Sheep which congregates in herds of 50 to 200. The valley boasts a huge sense of spirituality and hunting, fishing and consuming meat is not permitted in the area. The valley also boasts some unique and historic monasteries, including Rachen Gumba and Mu Gumba, which lie on a pretty plateau nestled in the lap of the valley, and Gumba Lungdang, situated at the base of a hill against the main slope of Ganesh Himal.
Private Arrangement Trek cost:
1 Pax US$1455 per person
2 Pax US$1335 per person
3-5pax US$1245 per person
6-9pax US$1325 per person
10+pax US$1235 per person
SGL supplement: US$ 60
*Departure: Anytime upon request
- All meals and accommodation in Home stay with local during the trek
- Service of guide, sherpa assistant for bigger group above 5 person
- Porters to carry personal baggage (each 15 kg.),
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters.
- Conservation entry permit as per program
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Local / Public transport as shown in the program
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu using 2 star Category on BB
Cost Does Not include:
- Personal clothing, equipmentment and sleeping bag.
- Personal accident and health insurance.
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box.
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips.
- Sightseeing tours and all major meals in Kathmandu
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the program.