Yumthang Valley Tour – 8 days
Yumthang Valley – Explore the Enchanting Beauty
The Yumthang Valley is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sikkim, India. This enchanting valley is situated in the North Sikkim district and is known for its breathtaking landscapes, hot springs, and a wide range of flora and fauna. The valley is also known as the Valley of Flowers, as it is home to a variety of colorful flowers that bloom during the spring season.
In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about the Yumthang Valley Tour, including places to visit, things to do, and more.
- How to Reach Yumthang Valley
- Best Time to Visit
- Places to Visit
- Things to Do
How to Reach Yumthang Valley
- The nearest airport to Yumthang Valley is Bagdogra Airport in West Bengal.
- The nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri Railway Station in West Bengal.
- The road journey takes approximately 6-7 hours from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim.
Best Time to Visit
- The best time to visit Yumthang Valley is during the spring season, from March to May, when the valley is covered with a carpet of flowers.
- The summer season, from June to September, is also a good time to visit as the weather is pleasant and the valley is covered with lush greenery.
- The monsoon season, from July to September, is not a recommended time to visit as the roads can be slippery and landslides are common.
- The winter season, from December to February, is a good time to visit especially for snow lovers.
Places to Visit
- Yumthang Valley is the main attraction of the tour, with its stunning landscapes, colorful flowers, and snow-capped mountains.
- Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary is a must-visit place for nature lovers, with its vast collection of rhododendron trees and other flora and fauna.
- Zero Point is a popular spot for adventure seekers, with its stunning views of the Himalayas and the Tibetan Plateau.
Things to Do
- Trekking is one of the most popular activities in Yumthang Valley. The valley offers a wide range of trekking routes, ranging from easy to difficult, and takes you through some of the most beautiful landscapes of the region.
- Camping is another popular activity. The valley has many camping sites, surrounded by lush greenery, snow-capped mountains, and a serene environment.
- Photography is a must-do activity in the valley. It offers some of the most stunning views of the Himalayas and the Tibetan Plateau, and is home to a variety of flora and fauna.
- Nature walks are a great way to explore the valley’s beauty. The valley has many nature trails, which take you through some of the most beautiful landscapes and offer some breathtaking views.
- Yak riding is a unique experience. The valley has many yak riding facilities, which take you through some of the most beautiful landscapes of the region.
- Yumthang Valley offers a wide range of accommodation options, ranging from hotels and resorts to homestays and camping tents.
- Hotels and resorts offer a comfortable stay with all modern amenities, and some of them offer stunning views of the valley.
- Homestays are a great way to experience the local culture and way of life. The homestays in Yumthang Valley offer comfortable rooms, home-cooked meals, and a warm hospitality.
- Camping tents are a great way to experience the valley’s beauty up close. The valley has many camping sites, surrounded by lush greenery, snow-capped mountains, and a serene environment.
FAQs about Yumthang Valley:
Q. Is Yumthang Valley safe for tourists?
A. Yes, it is safe for tourists. The valley is a popular tourist destination and is well-maintained by the local authorities.
Q. What is the best time to visit?
A. The best time to visit Yumthang Valley is during the spring season, from March to May, when the valley is covered with a carpet of flowers.
Q. What are the popular activities to do in Yumthang Valley?
A. The popular activities are trekking, camping, photography, nature walks, and yak riding.
Q. What are the popular places to visit?
A. The popular places to visit are Yumthang Valley, Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary, Zero Point, Yumesamdong, and hot springs.
- Enjoy the beautiful valley of Yumthang
- Picturesque mountain views and vibrant flowers
- A relaxed evening on the banks of the river at Lachung
- Rich flora and fauna , wildlife and mountain view
- Visit the highest point in Sikkim the Tsomgo Lake
- Explore Sikkim’s prominent sightseeing hotspots
Yumthang is a beautiful valley that lies in North Sikkim at an altitude of 12,000ft about 135 km from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim. The valley is simply mind-blowing, surrounded by an alpine forest of Silver fir and high snowcapped peaks. The journey there is like travelling in the Garden of Eden and popularly known as the valley of flowers. As we travel to Yumthang from Lachung, the place has a very picturesque landscape and is lined with numerous varieties of Rhododendrons and other species of flowers blooming in different colours from March to May, while winters offer snowfall and are covered with a white blanket of snow. It may make travel a bit difficult but a valley with snow and mountains makes it equally enticing. Snow skiing is yet another attraction to the tourist in this zone. Yumthang is a nature sanctuary with rivers, natural hot-spring, and spectacular mountain views. The power of natural hot-spring in curing various ailments had been felt worldwide. If you are lucky enough, you might even have a sight of Snow Leopard and Red Panda around the area.
Lachen is a tribal village at 2926 meters and is ruled by tribal self-government, the Dzumsa. The focal point of all village activity is the Lachen monastery located in the upper section of the village. A good number of villagers are still yak herders and keep migrating with their herd.
Lachung is a tribal village at 2620 meters. where tribal self-government, the Dzumsa still rule the tribe with its ancient tradition. You will be spending 2 nights at this splendid location of tranquillity, peace and acquaint the unique ways of the village.
All these make North Sikkim heaven on earth. A typical North Sikkim tour starts from Gangtok then via Kabi Lungtsok 23 km, Phodong 40 km, Mangan 67 km, Singhik 72 km, Chungthang 98 km, Lachung 103 km to 141 km away flower valley Yumthang. On the way lies Singhba Rhododendron Sanctuary and Kanchandzonga National Park. SNT buses from Gangtok leaves at 8-00 and 13-00 hr and reaches Mangan via Phodong and going still 5 km further to Singhik. Indians are free to move upto Tung bridge via Mangan-Shinghik, but beyond the north of Tung restricted area permit is required.
For the Yumthang tour, March-June, Sept-Dec (beginning) is the ideal season. As the China Border is nearby the whole area is sensitive and under military control. Foreigners are required to get RAP to visit the area. Taking snaps are prohibited. You should deposit your camera at a military check post 1 km away from Lachung on the way to Yumthang.
- 2 pax $845 per person
- 4 star Hotel accommodation on MAP basis - breakfast and Dinner as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tour according to the program.
- Ground transportation with English speaking tour guide
- Necessary travel permit
- Visa fees, personal clothing and equipment’s
- Single supplement, International airfare
- Excess baggage, personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost, medical box,
- bottled beverages, laundry, tips