Yumthang Valley Tour – 8 days
The picturesque valley of flowers.
- Enjoy the beautiful valley of Yumthang
- Picturesque mountain views and vibrant flowers
- A relaxed evening on the banks of the river at Lachung
- Rich flora and fauna , wildlife and mountain view
- Visit the highest point in Sikkim the Tsomgo Lake
- Explore Sikkim’s prominent sightseeing hotspots
Yumthang is a beautiful valley that lies in North Sikkim at an altitude of 12,000ft about 135 km from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim. The valley is simply mind-blowing, surrounded by an alpine forest of Silver fir and high snowcapped peaks. The journey there is like travelling in the Garden of Eden and popularly known as the valley of flowers. As we travel to Yumthang from Lachung, the place has a very picturesque landscape and is lined with numerous varieties of Rhododendrons and other species of flowers blooming in different colours from March to May, while winters offer snowfall and are covered with a white blanket of snow. It may make travel a bit difficult but a valley with snow and mountains makes it equally enticing. Snow skiing is yet another attraction to the tourist in this zone. Yumthang is a nature sanctuary with rivers, natural hot-spring, and spectacular mountain views. The power of natural hot-spring in curing various ailments had been felt worldwide. If you are lucky enough, you might even have a sight of Snow Leopard and Red Panda around the area.
Lachen is a tribal village at 2926 meters and is ruled by tribal self-government, the Dzumsa. The focal point of all village activity is the Lachen monastery located in the upper section of the village. A good number of villagers are still yak herders and keep migrating with their herd.
Lachung is a tribal village at 2620 meters. where tribal self-government, the Dzumsa still rule the tribe with its ancient tradition. You will be spending 2 nights at this splendid location of tranquillity, peace and acquaint the unique ways of the village.
All these make North Sikkim heaven on earth. A typical North Sikkim tour starts from Gangtok then via Kabi Lungtsok 23 km, Phodong 40 km, Mangan 67 km, Singhik 72 km, Chungthang 98 km, Lachung 103 km to 141 km away flower valley Yumthang. On the way lies Singhba Rhododendron Sanctuary and Kanchandzonga National Park. SNT buses from Gangtok leaves at 8-00 and 13-00 hr and reaches Mangan via Phodong and going still 5 km further to Singhik. Indians are free to move upto Tung bridge via Mangan-Shinghik, but beyond the north of Tung restricted area permit is required.
For the Yumthang tour, March-June, Sept-Dec (beginning) is the ideal season. As the China Border is nearby the whole area is sensitive and under military control. Foreigners are required to get RAP to visit the area. Taking snaps are prohibited. You should deposit your camera at a military check post 1 km away from Lachung on the way to Yumthang.
- 2 pax $845 per person
- 4 star Hotel accommodation on MAP basis - breakfast and Dinner as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tour according to the program.
- Ground transportation with English speaking tour guide
- Necessary travel permit
- Visa fees, personal clothing and equipment’s
- Single supplement, International airfare
- Excess baggage, personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost, medical box,
- bottled beverages, laundry, tips
845Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Moderate
- Max Altitude : Highest at Tsomgo Lake (3753 m)
- Best Time : Spring (March-April) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : 4 star Hotel
- Tour Begins at : Gangtok
- Tour Ends at : Bagdogra , Silguri
- Trip Days : 8 days